Chapter 37

"MISS Kim, your dress is ready."My secretary informed and I nodded with a light smile.

I stood up from the waiting area of this certain shop, which I go to every time I need some formal attires. I went inside the VIP room and saw the evening dress that they prepared for me. The color is black with a touch of gold, since that is the theme color of the event.

The employees greeted me with a smile and I did too. I carefully looked at the evening dress and I'm not even surprised, every piece just looks so good. The chief of the employees signalled them to help me put on the dress.

I started changing inside the fitting room and it didn't last long when I was done. I looked at my own reflection at the mirror and stared at myself. I suddenly saw the old me, the young but brave Jennie but in a span of moment, I realized that I'm now the matured but coward Jennie.

I was snapped out from my thoughts when I heard a knock on the door. "Miss Kim, the hair and makeup stylist are already here."My secretary announced and that was the queue for me to walk out.

They started putting make up on me and saw how it turned me to look fierce. Then they started curling my long hair and they added some silver kind of clips that made me look more like a novel person.

An hour passed and it was already 6 in the evening. They were done preparing my look and they didn't disappoint me with the finished product. I thanked every one of them for their help and I immediately went to my car to go to the venue.

As the car started moving, my secretary was still busy with something in her phone. I didn't mind her and stared outside. The sun was already setting and the mix of blue, pink, and purple made the sky aesthetically pleasing. I smiled lightly to myself.

After a short ride, we finally arrived at the venue. Since mr. Yang has a prestigious company, the entrance already looked dashing. The place looked a palace.

I gave the guards our invitation and once we got in, the elegant venue welcomed my eyes. There's a lot of people but since the place is huge, it was still spacious. I saw familiar faces and instantly greeted them.

After having a talk with some of the people I know, I excused myself and went to the comfort room to check my look. As I reached the comfort room, I immediately faced the mirror and checked out my reflection but there was nothing to fix. I still look decent.

Then, a cubicle suddenly opened, causing me to flinch and looked at the person through the mirror. As our eyes met, our eyes widened. I wasn't expecting to see this person here.

"Jennie?"She asked and approached me. I gave a nod, still in disbelief how I got to meet her again after those years.

"Wow, I never thought I'd meet you here."I said and she agreed with a light smile.

"Mind if I tag along with you?"She asked. I have to admit, I'm kind of taken aback since we have a not so good memories of each other. We hated each other's guts so much. But since I think we're matured enough, I nodded.

We made our way back to the main hall and I introduced Sana to the people in the same table as ours. We had a little chat and then, the program started but instead of paying my attention there. I was curious on what happened with him and Taehyung. I don't know where I had the guts to ask her but I did.

"Oh by the way, I heard about the accident years ago... Are you really okay?"She asked, concern was seen on her face.

I gave her a bitter smile. "That... Don't worry, I got over it and... him."I said and memories came flashing back from my mind.

That accident where that's the last time I talked to him. The last time he held me in his arms. If I knew I should've said how much I love him and how much he made me a stronger person but I didn't.

"So, did you find out who was behind those?"She asked and I shook my head.

"I'm still trying but it was hard tracing that person. No one saw his face because it was fully covered and the motorcycle that he used couldn't be tracked. I probably lost trace of him but it's okay, nothing else happened to me after that."I explained and tried my best to give a reassuring smile.

"I'm so sorry to hear that but it's nice that you're doing good now."She said. "And I'm sorry... You know, I never got to say this to you years ago. I made you suffer to all sorts of problems. I was being a bitch, especially when I kept on chasing Taehyung."

She suddenly realized her words and looked at me worried because of the mention of Taehyung's name.

"Sorry about that... But you know, Taehyung loves you so much."She said and my heart suddenly softened by her words.

As Sana continued telling me how she saw in Taehyung that he really loved me. Every word stings because of all the moments we've spent together. Everything feels like coming back to mind.

My mind told me to stop listening because I'll just miss him, but my heart cannot be dictated. It feels empty and it keeps longing for him. There's pain but that cannot cover the fact that I miss every pieces of him. The night ended with lots of flashing memories and I was drowned back again.