Chapter 38

Kim Taehyung's POV

AS when I thought that once I stepped in Korea I would be a lot happier than before. But that was only my expectations that didn't happen. A broken heart and tears were the ones that welcomed me.

I tried hard to remain standing up while the coffin of my dad was now being buried. Mom's crying so hard that I had to bite my lower lip to hide my tears. I was hugging her in my arms.

My dad died the day before today because of lung cancer. I know I had so many hard times because of him but he's still my dad  He's still one of the reasons why I exist.

I feel so sorry. We didn't even get to fix our problems with each other. I didn't have the chance to say sorry to him and I couldn't even say goodbye to him. I feel miserable.

Once the funeral was over, we immediately headed home. Mom stared to wherever with her puffy eyes because of crying too much. While here I am, deeply drowning into my own sorrows and regrets.

"Taehyung,"Mom called me without looking at me. "Can you get my any alcohol?"She said with a groggy voice.

"Mom, you can't drink..."I said but mom shook her head.

"Please, just this once. I just can't handle the pain."She said with sadness evident in her voice that I had no choice.

I sighed before standing up and walked my way to the kitchen to get her some alcohol. I took the alcohol and took a drinking glass. Once I placed it on the table, mom didn't even hesitate to drink it.

I looked at her with a heavy feeling while she keeps on drinking with tears flowing down her cheeks. I can't stand seeing my mom this hurt. How I wish I could be a better person for her.

After a few more drinks, mom looks really drunk now but she couldn't stop from crying. She's really mourning for dad. No matter how hard I wanna cry, I can't. I don't want to look weak, I need to be strong for mom. She needs me more than anyone right now.

"S-son... Do you know what your dad said b-before going away?"She asked in a drunk manner.

"What is it?"I asked.

She gave me a bitter smile before talking. "He told me that he's really sorry for being like that and... He wants you to be happy."She said looked at my eyes.

"What do you mean?"I asked as my heart started to soften.

"He was sorry for breaking you and Jennie apart. He knew how you love her so much but he was too close minded. He wants me to tell you that go live a happy life with no regrets..."She said and this time my heart felt so warm. A single tear dropped from my eye.

"Mom..."

"Be happy with Jennie..."She said and smiled at me. I smiled back at her with tearing welling up.

I sat beside her and hugged her. She started sobbing again and the tears that I was trying to stop now fell. It was something that hit my weak spot. Never in my life dad approved Jennie for me but hearing those words felt euphoric. It still sad to think that I couldn't thank him but I know he knows how thankful I am.

Mom lightly pulled away from my embrace. She looked at me with her loving eyes and smiled.

"You grew up well, son..."She said and lightly patted my head. "Promise mom and dad that you're gonna live your life with no regrets, okay?"

"I promise, mom..."

"AM I seeing things right now or are you really Kim Taehyung?"Jimin asked with a shook expression once he saw me inside his office.

I laughed before answering. "Dude, do you think there's any other person in this world that looks like me? Well, no. This face is too unique that no one else looks like me."

Jimin's facial expression changed as soon as I said that. It suddenly turned into a disgusted look before I started chuckling at him.

"Tss, anyways, sorry to hear about what happened to your dad..."He said and I nodded with a light smile. "So, why are you here?"He asked, changing the subject. I sat on the chair in front of him before answering his question.

"Do you perhaps have any news abput Jennie?"I asked, straightforward as he rolls his eyes.

"So you came here because of her? Really, Tae? Did you even miss your best friend here?"He reacted like he was so hurt that I wanna facepalm.

"C'mon, just answer me, okay?"

"Goodness, you're still head over heels for her..."He said and I just replied with a cheeky smile. "She's now a successful CEO of her own company. I actually met her a few weeks ago because of Irene. You want to meet her, right?"

"I do but..."

"Oh here comes, coward Taehyung."He teased and I hissed at him.

"Just tell me how I can contact here, okay?"

"Bro, don't ask me about that. I have no idea besides you going to her company and getting an appointment to talk to her."He answered as I sighed after

"Anyways, thanks bro, I'll treat you some other time, okay?"I said and patted his shoulder with a smile.

"Yeah, whatever, get out of my office."He said. I chuckled before waving at him and walked out of his office.

As I reached my car, I immediately grabbed my phone to search her on Naver. As I kept on scrolling, the more I see how successful she is now. It made me smile to the point that I wanna run to her.