Vol.2 Ch.7: Each Girl's Drive

Lars and Julia's exam was long and tiring, but it approached its conclusion. It was already the late game, all players were Lv.20 with full item builds, except for Trever. Golems crumbled all over the place and super minions dominated lanes, so it wasn't going to be long before the victor is decided. The first team to gain momentum now would undoubtedly emerge victorious.

However, both teams refused to yield. They bashed heads over and over, but none of the team fights had a decisive result. Julia killed two enemies, then died. Lars rampaged and dealt a shit-ton of damage to the whole enemy team, but then got shot down.

Julia and Lars were the game's DPS tycoons right now, so whoever of them survives a team fight was going to gain momentum for the team. However, they were methodically focused on and eliminated. They both played too recklessly, painting a target on their backs. They never faced such experienced opponents before, so they had no idea how to deal with being marked like this.

"Die! Die! Ahaha!" Julia, in particular, disregarded defense and recklessly charged at every enemy. She simply didn't care, she was gonna quit Classmancers anyway.

Due to Trever's poor performance, Julia was forced to play two roles: wave clearer and Carry. Thankfully, Pyromancer was a rare mage breed with the power to carry via fast basic attack, it was even a niche Carry pick for Bot Lane in the pro scene. With Julia's hybrid build, which combined magical power with attack speed, she demolished structures nearly as fast as a real Carry during the late game.

However, Julia didn't pay much heed to how important her role was for the team. Instead of prioritizing her survival so she could keep carrying the team, she recklessly charged in to score kills and secure objectives. Basically, she just wanted to murder some tards and blow shit up. She played without a single care in the world, which was the source of her strength as much as it was her Achilles heel.

"Everybody, keep our cute rookie alive at all cost." Ellen ordered. Putting this much responsibility on a rookie wasn't exactly fair, but there was no other choice if they wanted win this 4v5 match. With that trash tier Pirate being dysfunctional, only Julia could carry right now.

Ellen played Ranger, so in theory she could also double as a Carry. However, her early item slots were filled with lifesteal and regeneration, whereas the rest was geared toward a Jungler build. There wasn't nearly enough power in her build to even consider carrying, simple as that. If the game were to drag for like 20 more minutes, Ellen might earn enough gold to overhaul her build and become a Carry herself, but that's unlikely.

In the end, everything was riding on Julia. It's a lot of pressure, but it's also a great opportunity for her. If she were to prove herself in this clutch situation, she'd leave a much better impression on Aron. Sadly. as things stood, Julia's exam evaluation was worrisome. Even though she made some great plays, she also made many terrible mistakes, Aron wasn't nice enough to let these slide.

We got a glimpse of her potential, but it hasn't bloomed yet. Ellen wore a wry smile. Aron hates reckless plays more than anything. That Trickshooter brat may get away with it thanks to his alien tier mechanical skill, but dear July doesn't have the same excuse. My, I can already see Aron tearing her apart during the evaluation, even putting on puppy-dog eyes won't help me persuade him.

During the early game, Julia pressured her lane opponent via matchup advantage. She outfarmed the Beastmaster and protected herself from ganks with excessive warding. Then, during the mid game, she became a berserker and ripped enemies apart with her superior stats and unconventional Teleport tactics. It was called "Blitz Pyromancer" or something? Ellen was sure she heard of it before...

Anyway, there was a huge contrast between the playstyle Julia showed in the early game and the one she was using right now. It's like Julia had two polar opposites living inside her: a cold and calculated Julia versus a blazing and reckless Julia.