Vol.6 Ch.22: The One They Left Behind

That same day Stratus got its first practice as a team, StormBlitz also had its first day of club activity. Some of the members were late on the news so they were shocked by Yuel and Lars's transfer.

"Lol," Roi smiled awkwardly. "You're kidding, right?"

"No," Howard said. "They left. They attend Skyline now."

"Wait, Skyline?" Dan raised an eyebrow. "Isn't that the school with that really weak team? What was its name, again? Status?"

"Stratus," Howard corrected. "Yeah, it's a team that never passed the first round of the regionals. A sad story."

"Ans they went to play there?" Roi's jaw dropped.

"Yep," Gregory tuned in. "They couldn't hold the L so they ran away, kek."

"I wouldn't write them off just yet," Howard said. "Two skilled players can make the whole difference between a strong team and a weak one. Especially, when said players are the Bot duo and one of them is the shot-caller."

"Pft, yeah, right," Gregory waved his hand. "You telling me these two losers gonna pull a team of even bigger losers and actually get somewhere? Please."

"You never know."

Tch, that undying favoritism, Gregory clicked his tongue. Does he think Yuel is a superman or some shit? Man, I can't wait for these scrubs to be crushed in their first round. That'll show everybody how trash they really are.

"Hi," A girl's voice entered the room. It was a familiar voice but it belonged to an unfamiliar face.

"July...?" Ellen jumped from the chair and cautiously approached the unknown specimen.

In truth, everybody could tell it was Julia because there was only one thing that changed about her. However, that one change was something that almost made her unrecognizable.

Julia had no hair! Okay, that's an exaggeration. She had hair but it was uncharacteristically short. Julia used to sport a long beautiful ponytail but it was gone. Instead, she almost looked like a tomboy.

"My," Ellen examined the girl from every side. "What happened to your pretty hair?"

"What do you think? I cut it."

"Yeah, I can see that," Ellen's smile twitched. "But, why? It looked great on you."

"I got tired of it. Of everything," Julia strode into the clubroom without exchanging a single glance with Ellen. "I felt like having a change of image. What do you care?"

"Ah, well..." Ellen was dumbstruck. This was cold. The temperature in the room just dropped by five degrees.

"About what you were just said," Julia stopped in front of Howard and Gregory. "Lars and Yuel will do just fine. They'll drag that shitty ass team out of the bottom."

"Huh," Howard didn't show any reaction, probably because he had the same opinion. But, the other guy insisted on denying this prediction.

"Yeah, right," Gregory sneered. "These guys only gonna make it to second round tops."

"No, they'll get as far as needed," Julia's eyes glinted like a sharp blade. "Until they run into us. Then, we'll crush them like cockroaches."

The entire room was dead silent. Nobody knew how to react to this bizarre declaration. Julia was clearly missing a screw or two right now. The girl was wilding.

"Heh," Howard smirked. "I like that attitude."

"Indeed," Ellen smirked. "Let them crawl all the way up from the bottom to reach us. That'll only make crushing them that much more fun, right~?" Her angelic smile belonged to Lucifer himself.