Vol.8 Ch.31: Shutting Down All Options

I see Aron is heading to Bot as well. Yuel frowned. One of his wards revealed Aron in Bot. The lion was most certainly heading to gank Bot and he was much closer to the lane than Yuel. This was bad. Lars had to retreat right away! ... or, maybe it wasn't necessary?

Wait, he's not going in? Yuel wondered. Instead of continuing toward Bot, Aron stopped in place and moved around in small circles. It's as if he was waiting. But, for whom? Obviously, for none other than Yuel.

He saw through me. Yuel deduced. So, he rather stall me and let Trever handle the fight? That's quite the faith he's showing in Trever all of a sudden. Still, if that's Aron's verdict about this situation, then it's probably correct.

As much as Yuel wanted to claim that Lars was unbeatable in duels, he knew it wasn't that simple. Trever held the higher win-ratio whenever these two fought 1v1, except for when Lars used Trickshooter. So, even though Lars's Elf improved a lot over the past few weeks, the odds probably still favored Trever.

Do I cancel the entire thing and tell Lars to retreat? Yuel bit his lip. I came so close, but... He stopped around the corner. Once he passes through, he'll have no choice but to run into Aron. A fight will break out immediately.

Will Yuel be able to handle Aron by himself? Hard to say. Without his ult, Viking didn't have any particular advantages over a Lionfolk in a 1v1. In fact, Lionfolk was better suited for 1v1s due to the strong debuffs of Mighty Roar. If Aron lands Mighty Roar, even without the Superiority bonus. Yuel most likely won't be able to win from that position. It'll effectively be a checkmate.

With all of that considered, charging through the front was extremely risky. At the same time, he didn't have time to go around and reach Bot through another entrance. It was a "go hard or go home" situation.

So, what was the right line of play? Should he try to break through? Or, should he cancel this entire operation? Darn, such a difficult dilemma had to strike him during such a critical time...!

He's late. Aron thought. Did he choose to go through the lane, after all? No, that shouldn't be possible, there's not enough time for that. He has to come through here. Then, where is he?

Aron carefully examined the mini-map. There was no sign of Yuel whatsoever. Aron sufficiently warded his side of the jungle, so there was no chance of Yuel circling around to gank from there either. Besides, that'd take way too much time and it was even riskier than approaching through the lane.

Wards, huh. Aron looked around him. On his side of the map, he warded the area that was mirroring his current location. So, most likely, Yuel did the same here. Perhaps he was taking his time because he knew Aron was lying in wait here. If so, this was a misplay from Aron's side.

I should've taken wards in into account when deciding on a position. Aron made a mental note. Better review that after the match.

Either way, if Yuel really wasn't approaching Bot due to Aron's presence, then it counted as a success in its own right. After all, Aron only came here to stall Yuel. He had no interest in turning this into a big fight.

He might even be right around this corner. Aron entertained the idea. He had the urge to verify this theory, but he didn't against it. There was no need to trigger a fight of his own accord. Better let Yuel rack his brains over this difficult situation.

You sure you got enough time to think about it? Aron smiled dangerously. If you don't start running soon, Trever will make quick work of Lars.

Indeed, the battle between Trever and Lars was advancing at high speed. Lars already fell all the way to 35% HP. Meanwhile, Trever stayed true to his declaration and didn't get hit even once ever since this close-quarters duel started. He was still hanging around 70% HP.