Vol.8 Ch.6: Hide-And-Seek in the Jungle

"Ok, what now?" Nia was right around the corner but didn't dare to set foot into Top Lane. She just stood there and watched how the Dark Knight was pushing the Top Turret and the injured Knight was maintaining distance in fear of being killed.

Judging by the Dark Knight's lack of reaction toward Nia's rotation, it was safe to assume her stealth route worked splendidly. The Dark Knight didn't even seem to consider the possibility of an incoming gank. The guy was drunk on his early-game strength and overextended hard without a care in the world.

"Ping that you'll attack the lane and go for it," Yuel said. "You might get a kill here but no need to put yourself in danger. Just strike hard to scare him and then retreat as necessary."

"Ok," Nia nodded. In other words, this was going to be yet another standard sneaky gank. The enemy hasn't noticed her yet, so her job was to finish the Dark Knight off without giving him a chance to strike back or flee. It'll be an assassination!

Nia opened the attack by summoning quicksand underneath the Dark Knight. No matter whether the guy was planning to attack or retreat, the slowdown will hinder him.

After that, Nia shot a fireball at the slowed Dark Knight. It deleted 20% HP. The Dark Knight was now down to 40% and the ticks from Quicksand kept reducing his HP even further.

Solid execution. Yuel nodded. Now, if the Knight just joins the offense- Oh, I guess that's not happening. Alright then.

Instead of following up on Nia's attack, the Knight used this time to recall. It seemed he was asking Nia to defend the lane for him. If so, he should've said something. Nia properly pinged her plan to attack the lane but the Knight was on radio silence.

Low ranks, I swear. Yuel shook his head. Still, even with that small issue, the gank turned out well overall. The Dark Knight was down to 35% HP and, despite his immense early-game power, his hands were tied. He'd have to get close to Nia in order to deliver any damage but she had ranged basics and the knockback from Windstorm. He won't be able to get in against her.

But, apparently, none of that concerned him. The Dark Knight blitzed straight at Nia, ready to draw blood!

"W-What now?" Nia stuttered as she took a step back.

"Now, you kill him," Yuel stated matter-of-factly. "He's running low and his skills cost HP. He'll become dangerous if he gets close but you can knock him away with your wind. You should be able to deal with him."

"B-But, he gonna take me out in a few hits," Nia retreated while firing basics at the approaching monster. If that thing catches up to her, she'll be dead meat!

"Don't worry," Yuel said. "He doesn't have any mobility skills. And, even if he somehow gets close, you can- wha!?"

The Dark Knight vanished! Then, he appeared right in front of Nia's face!

A concealed Blink!? Yuel jumped. Darn, I should've considered that possibility!

This was a grave miscalculation. Back when Yuel was checking the Dark Knight's status, he noticed the Dark Knight hasn't fully utilized all earned funds. However, the idea of a cloaked Blink didn't even cross his mind. After all, a Dark Knight had to get his build online as soon as possible.

Yet, this Dark Knight was confident enough to delay his build and go for Blink. He must have been aiming to score more kills this way because he didn't have any other ways to close distance to enemies. Unfortunately, this plan happened to serve him very well in this situation. Nia was in a real pinch.

"A-Ah!" Nia jumped as a fog of darkness appeared in front of her. The Dark Knight, coated in black miasma, towered over her and swung his dark blade without further ado. In just one basic attack, 17% of Nia's HP vanished without a trace!