Vol.2 Ch.9: Club Tour

"Yeah! We did it!" Lars exclaimed. "Good job, my dudes!"

"Phew." Julia sighed in relief. I somehow made it in.

"Good." Yuel nodded, not really surprised by the results of the entry exam. He and Lars were pretty much guaranteed to pass, they left great impressions on the examiners. Julia was the only one in a rough spot, it was impossible to tell how the examiners perceived her skill. Thankfully, she made it into the club as well. All three friends were now part of the Classmancers club! It was a small, but important step. They got just a little closer to Classmancers' pro scene!

The new members were told to visit the clubroom after school for their first day of club activity. Unsurprisingly, they ran into Taison and Gregory on the way.

"Hah, you really all made it." Taison grinned and glared at Lars. "Good, now we can settle who's really da best Carry, yo!"

"And who's best Support." Gregory added. "I heard the final round was some serious shit, you must've fought real hard to ace it. But too bad, you're not getting your favorite roles on the team while we're around."

"Welp, we'll see about that." Lars shrugged.

"We won't know until we compete for them." Yuel said in a matter-factly tone.

Their reactions were lacking somehow, even indifferent. Until recently, they thought of Taison and Gregory as strong rivals. However, that changed during the entry exam. Now, there were bigger fish for them to deal with: Howard and Ellen, Aeigs and Athena. Until they can beat these two, competing against Taison and Gregory was of secondary importance.

"Welcome, gentlemen. And lady." Howard greeted the newcomers at the entrance like a butler. "You're going to be the future of our club, so we're expecting great things from you."

"Kek, what's with this 'school principal speech'? Lame." Gregory chuckled.

"That's just my way to tell you that you have no chance of becoming a starter until your seniors graduate." Howard smiled, but his glare was sharp. "You are the future generation. Remember that, rookies."

"We'll see about that." Yuel retorted with a glare of his own.

"Heh. Anyway, come in." Howard led everybody into the room and introduced the club members. Yuel met most of them during the exam and some of them left quite the lasting impression, such as Aron, Trever and, of course, Howard.

He also heard a lot about a girl named Ellen, Lars couldn't shut up about being outplayed by her during the exam. Her playstyle sounded unconventional, but it managed to beat a beast like Lars. Interesting, to say the least. Yuel wanted to look into her tactics in more detail.

"My, freshmen~ How cute~" A girl circled around the group, scanning everybody from head to toe. Based on process of elimination, that had to be Ellen. She's supposedly the strategic and calculating type, but she... she wasn't quite what Yuel expected.

"Oh, July~ Long time no see~" Ellen wrapped herself around Julia.

"What do you mean 'long time'? We played like twenty games literally two days ago." Julia tried wiggling her way out of the embrace, to no avail.

"Oh, you're here too, Larsy." Ellen's expression changed somewhat. She still technically smiled, but something about the smile was disturbing. "And here I thought you'd quit Classmancers after losing so badly to me. Oh, wait, don't tell me you actually enjoy that kind of abuse and came for more? My, what a maso~"

"No freakin' way!" Lars proclaimed and pointed a finger at her. "I came here to beat the heck outta you! Me and Yuel gonna take the Carry and Support roles from you regulars, just you wait!"