Vol.8 Ch.15: Senior Visitors

"Excuse me, is this the Classmancers club?" A tall boy entered the basement, followed by two other boys who were just as big. They didn't look like middle schoolers. Maybe high schoolers?

"Yeah, who's asking?" Kai confronted the unfamiliar invaders.

"Hey, what's up?" A different boy flashed his teeth toward Kai. "We came to check on our wild juniors. Heard they wound up here."

"Yo, Trever!" Lars jumped. "What's up, dude!? Haven't seen ya in ages!"

"Same here," Trever bumped fists with Lars. "I see ya two are still brats as always."

"Hey, we're already second-year, yo! Totally adults and all that."

"Haha, yeah, right. Y'all just a bunch of kids for me." Trever raffled Lar's hair like an older brother in control of the situation. It was quite the feat. Not many could stand their ground like that against Lars.

Wait, Aron and Trever? Yuel blinked in confusion.

"Long time no see," Aron strode through the room and stretched a hand toward Yuel.

"Yeah..." Yuel accepted the handshake. Ugh, he's sure gripping it. Yuel tried to maintain a smile but he didn't enjoy this greeting even one bit. There was something behind it. Aron's eyes pierced Yuel from above like those of a hawk.

There was another guy with them, a familiar face. Who was that, again?

"That's Alex," Aron introduced. "You may remember him as Freezer. You fought him in the scrimmage with the Leopards."

"Right," Yuel nodded. He vaguely remembered that player. Freezer was a strong Warlock player who fared poorly as an Electromancer, which suggested he might have been a one-trick pony. That's about all the interaction Yuel had with the guy.

"He's with us, fighting honorably for the Knights!" Trever added.

"Oh, sick!" Lars exclaimed. "It's like old rivals join hands to form the ultimate team!"

"Right? Right!?" Trever nodded repeatedly.

"So," Kai turned to Yuel. "Who are these guys?"

"Ha!" Vincent pulled out his tablet. "Let me educate you, o lost lamb!"

"Who's a lost lamb?" Kai jabbed.

"Geh. Anyway, behold! The power of my Information Blackhole!" Vincent flipped through the data on his tablet. "First, I present you Frown, the Late-Game Terminator! He's the former leader of StormBlitz!"

"They're from StormBlitz?" Kai frowned. "So, spies?"

"No need to worry," Aron assured. "We've already graduated so we're not associated with StormBlitz."

"Nothing stops you from feeding them information," Kai gave him a look.

"True," Aron retorted calmly. "That is, if there's anything worthwhile to even say about this team."

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"Nothing," Aron glanced away.

"May I continue the presentation?" Vincent asked.

"Yeah, go on, kid," Trever nodded. "Tell 'em all about how awesome I am!"

"Alrighty. In this corner, we got Wild Dragon, the Momentum Surfer!" Vincent presented with his hand. "He's the same year as Frown. He didn't get to play on the main team last year, but he performed splendidly on the second string against the Leopards! At least, for the most part."