Vol.5 Ch.8: Unleash the Demonic Power!

『An enemy has been killed!』

That's one. Yuel nodded to himself after Lars beautifully finished off Gilbert in midair. Now, the next target will be-

Me, right? Howard rolled aside to dodge a geyser eruption. He was the obvious next target, considering how deep he was into enemy territory and that the Golem was already targeting him.

"Target Howard!" Yuel ordered.

"On it!" Lars scored a headshot before Yuel even finished the sentence.

Tch, Howard frowned. Lars will end me in no time if he keeps getting these headshots. Howard retaliated with Icicle Rain and basic attacks to slow down Lars's attack speed, while at the same time also drawing some distance between himself and the mad dog. But, that wasn't nearly enough.

"Greg, pull out the Ents," Howard froze himself with Cryo-Freeze to negate the incoming damage from the Golem's boulder and Lars's headshot. It'd be great if he could just chill out here and slowly restore HP while being invulnerable, but...

Not under my watch. Yuel splashed water on the frozen Howard and melted away the freeze effect. This handy nullification effect of Splash was exactly what Yuel picked Aquamancer for!

Figures. Howard has already been spamming the Shift key this entire time to roll away as soon as his Cryo-Freeze is negated. Cryo-Freeze was merely a distraction to buy himself some time. To properly evacuate, he needed the help of Gregory's Ents.

Three giant trees appeared on the lane and made the area even more packed than it already was. Ents behaved like minions, so they focused on whoever was targeting nearby allied players.

"Wait," Yuel called out. "I'll hit him first to aggro the Ents." He activated Rainfall, which summoned a rain cloud over Howard's head. The rain slowed Howard down, which allowed Yuel to catch up and hit him. "Okay, you can keep attack-" A shot fired!

"Already on it!" Lars delivered a headshot right away!

So persistent...! Howard grimaced. The Ents were focusing Yuel, so they didn't scare Lars away as Howard hoped. But, that was fine. Their attack power scaled with Gregory's, so it wasn't high in the first place due to Gregory's defensive build. The Ents were just here as a distraction to help Howard maneuver around Lars's headshots.

Based on Lars's current attack speed, another shot was coming right about now. Howard turned to the right and went behind an Ent. A shot resounded, but it didn't land a headshot, it hit the Ent instead.

Wha!? Lars was so concentrated on Howard that he didn't notice the Ent stepping into the shot. He's making Ents body-block for him!? Savage!

Such flawless defense. Yuel frowned. No matter what they threw at Howard, nothing fazed that guy. It was impossible to take him down like this after all. "Lars, forget Howard. Focus on Gregory instead."

"On GG? You got it!" Lars gave up on one snack to chase another. He gonna get a bunch of kills here, he had to! This was the team's big comeback, yo!

Gregory has been running kinda low already. Dude was tanky, but with Lars's red buff and all the penetration in his build - he could do some hella fine damage!

"Greg," Howard said. "There's a chance he'll gun for you next, so retreat."

"Tch, got it." Gregory noticed Lars changing forward, so Howard's advice was most likely spot on. Gregory wanted to stay here a little longer to finish Roi off, but yet again he was forced to retreat without dealing the finishing blow himself. This was shit.