Vol.8 Ch.16: The Seniors' Draft

"A 3v3?" Trever jumped like an excited puppy. "Count me in! Let's teach these kids a lesson or two or twenty!"

"Hey, who ya calling a kid?" Lars grinned. "Bring it on, dude! I gonna make sure this floor looks all sparkly after I'm done mopping it with ya!"

"Heh, cheeky brat. Want a piece of me, eh!?"

"Bring it on, dude!"

They stared each other down like two peacocks about to leap on each other. They were rearing to go at a moment's notice. Compared to them...

"A 3v3?" Alex scratched the back of his head. "What a drag. I thought we only came here to greet your juniors before we go to ProCenter."

"Sorry about that," Aron apologized. "But, you can't let that pass either, can you? These clueless brats claim they can bring the weakest team in the region and all the way to the top like it's nothing. Somebody has to teach them how the real world works, don't you agree?"

"Yeah, whatever," Alex shrugged. "Let's wrap it up in five minutes and get going."

"Heh!" Trever snickered. "Five minutes is too long for these kids."

"Yeah, ya got that right," Lars nodded. "We only need two minutes to whoop yo asses, yo!"

"The idiots are rearing to go as always," Aron turned to Yuel next. "What do you say?"

"Gladly," Yuel accepted right away. "It's not every day we get to practice against players of this caliber. We even got enough people for a 5v5 if you want."

"No, let's keep it at a 3v3. No offense, but I don't want demotivated soldiers on my team. Your clubmates will be rooting for you."

"Fair enough."

"Let's set things up then," Aron walked toward his camp.

"Let's do it, yo!" Lars jumped high in excitement, almost grazing the ceiling with his fingers. "Been a while since we got ourselves some good ass challenge!"

"Yes, that's true," Yuel nodded. This was going to be their first high-level match ever since they transferred here. Unfortunately, it won't be a proper 5v5 but the 3v3 mode had its own depth and was considered competitive enough for people to hold tournaments with cash prizes. It'll be great practice either way.

"Who's your third player?" Kai asked while giving him a look. She clearly wanted to play.

"I wouldn't mind facing such legendary players," Vincent smiled meaningfully.

"Lemme at these guys!" Luke pumped a fist. "I'll show 'em what's up."

Ben was also there, silently affirming how his fighting spirit.

Well, I'm glad they're all so eager. Yuel smiled wryly. But, there can only be one. Who do I pick?

The 3v3 mode had a map with only two lanes. The usual formation was 1-1-1: One Top, one Bot, and one Jungler. Lars will definitely be a laner. As for Yuel, he could either jungle or lane.

If I want to play it safe, Kai is the best option. According to his evaluation, Kai was indisputably the best player on the team after Yuel and Lars. She was at least one league above the rest. No matter whether she lanes or jungles, she'll be the strongest pick for this team.

At the same time, this was a rare opportunity to get some experience against high-level players. Playing such a match will greatly benefit a freshman like Nia. In addition, it was a great opportunity to test her "Vanishing Phantom" against real competitive players and see whether it had any footing to stand on.