Vol.1 Ch.7: Those Who Keep Playing

"Yo! Let's play, dude!" Lars dropped his stuff on Yuel's table and grabbed a nearby chair.

"When did you get here?" Yuel stared at the grinning goof in disbelief. The bell just rang a moment ago, yet Lars was already here. "I haven't had lunch yet. Heck, I haven't even taken it out of the bag yet."

"You can do that while playing, yo!" Lars stuffed a sandwich into his mouth and picked up his controller.

"You gonna choke like this."

"Nfo prwoblemf!" Lars produced something that vaguely resembled language while munching on the sandwich. He was holding the controller with both hands, which meant he was... eating without hands! And the sandwich didn't fall off! It was a truly godly skill! Lars definitely had a bright future... in the circus.

Heh, I just can't keep up with this guy. Yuel sighed and took out his things. He refused to show it on his face, but he was giddy as well. Ever since they started playing together, Classmancers became a blast of a game, more than ever before!

They played in Bot Lane most of the time, as a pair of Support and Carry. A cooperative and skilled Carry was a godsend for Yuel. He could carefully analyze his lane opponents and discover their mistakes, without worrying about the Carry doing something dumb-

"Wait, don't 1v2 them!" Yuel exclaimed. "Retreat, you can't win th-"

『DOUBLE KILL』

"Woohoo! That was close as heck! Look at that HP!" Lars finished off both enemies by himself, with less than 1% HP left.

"... that was suicide."

"No problem, dude! I told you these guys were noobs, haha!"

Seriously, this guy... Yuel sighed. Despite how many times he saw Lars pull crazy stuff, he couldn't wrap his head around it. No matter how highly he evaluated Lars's skill, it was never enough. Lars always proved he was at least ten levels above what Yuel expected.

So that's a real genius, huh. As much as Yuel hated using this misleading word, there was no other way to describe Lars. Yes, Lars was truly a genius. His godlike mechanical skill allowed him to stomp enemies without relying on any complicated tactics. He was a savage beast unrestricted by common sense.

Sadly, sometimes the line between "genius" and "idiot" was unexpectedly thin.

"Don't chase that kill."

"But that HP, yo! I'mma finish him off real quick!"

『An ally has been killed!』

"Gah! So close!" Lars fell prey to a Turret. "Quick! Revive me!"

"Sure, just wait a moment while I hack the game and make Arise work across the map." Yuel made a face. "You totally deserve to rot there. I hope you had fun chasing that kill, just look how much you achieved."

"Ouch. Okay, okay! I got it already! My bad!"

"Have fun watching from the sidelines without being able to do anything."

"Gaaaaah! I wanna back already! What's with this 40 seconds respawn time!? I wanna play!" Lars threw a tantrum.

Heh, perfect. Yuel secretly smirked. He had already figured Lars's weak points and took nasty jabs at them. It was a necessary evil for educating this goof, who was somehow both a genius and an idiot at the same time. Explanations never worked with that thick-headed goof. Lars had to learn everything the hard way by experiencing the consequences of his mistakes on his own flesh.

"Geh, d-do I chase this one?" Lars forced himself to ask.

"No, too risky. Come back to Mid and take down the Turret."