Vol.2 Ch.17: Destroyer of Optimal Plays

After eliminating Freezer, their greatest obstacle in team fights, StormBlitz pushed Mid Lane with full force. With the Overlord's buff providing defense and regeneration to the whole team, they were unstoppable.

"Man, they're so persistent!" Jennifer clicked her tongue. Due to that stupid Overlord buff, her combo burst couldn't wreck enemies as quickly as before. It was still explosive enough to wipe out squishy targets, like the enemy Ranger and Electromancer, but that pesky Druid got in the way.

Somehow, that damn Druid always put a shield on Jennifer's next target, right as she was about to start her combo. The heck with that perfect timing? It's hard to believe a freshman could make such smooth plays. "Dang it, must be beginner's luck. We're so getting styled on right now."

Despite the overwhelming disadvantage, the Leopards did a good job protecting their Mid Golem. They body-blocked many of the Ranger's shots, giving up their lives for this noble cause.

『An ally has been killed!』

『You have killed an enemy!』

『An ally has been killed!』

『You have killed an enemy!』

『An ally has been killed!』

After a grindy battle, only Jennifer was left to guard the Golem. But, she was gonna pull through! The Leopards' super minions pushed Top this whole time, they were about to invade the enemy's base. The enemy team was running out of time, they'd have to retreat if Jennifer were to stall them just a little longer.

No matter what, Jennifer was gonna make sure this defense operation was a success. Albert, Cody and Joey - their deaths won't in vain! Alex's didn't count though, that idiot got himself killed first like some Bronze V scrub.

Unfortunately, the enemy still had their Ranger, Knight and Druid, That sucked. Hard. The good news: these three were running low on HP and the Druid just recently used Gaia's Protection, so no more pesky shields for at least 15 seconds.

Jennifer's ult was about to come online, so she'd be in a great position to finish off these dying scrubs. This match wasn't decided yet! She was gonna destroy these cucklords!

"What we gonna, man?" Trever asked. "She's zoning us real hard."

"This is rough." Yuel bit his lip. "I didn't expect such tight defense without the Warlock. That was a miscalculation on my part."

The team was stuck in an awkward position. The enemy Golem was down to 20% HP, an amount Trever could wipe out in a matter of seconds. However, they exhausted a lot of resources to get this far, including their HP. Normally, this late into the game, Druid and Knight could tank the Golem long enough for Trever to seal the deal. However, neither Yuel not Roi had enough HP to pull that off right now. The enemy insisted to stall StormBlitz's push at any cost, so they didn't pull any punches even against tanks.

The enemy showed unrelenting determination and perseverance, that was the core of Yuel's miscalculation. Based on the individual performance of each enemy so far, Yuel estimated there's a high chance StormBlitz would successfully push through. However, the enemy players shattered this prediction to pieces. It's like the idea of losing didn't even cross their minds, they gave their all until the bitter end.

In fact, the Leopards even went on the offensive a couple of times during their defense. That put immense pressure on StormBlitz. The tiniest misplay could result in the enemy stealing the initiative. StormBlitz were supposed to be the predators in this situation, yet their prey was ready to pounce at them at the first opportunity.

That's how Dan and Gilbert were eliminated. Even though Yuel always predicted who ComboBreaker gunned for, he failed to keep his allies alive. With Breaker as the vanguard, the enemy displayed relentless retaliation. Yuel never faced such overwhelming aggression from a cornered enemy before.