Vol.2 Ch.4: Immortal Goddess

"Are you for real?" Ellen stared at Trever in disbelief. "I have no words, really. Even hugging a Turret is apparently too much for trash like you."

"He's too fed... not my fault..." Trever mumbled, staring at his screen with dead eyes. He didn't care anymore, neither about the match nor about Ellen's words.

"Tch, what a useless fellow. Seems like I have to gank Bot before things get out of hand." Ellen sighed as if it was a pain, but she secretly smirked. My, a rookie who can break Trever like this? How delightful~ I'll make sure to treat him re~al good, teehee.

"Sorry dear, it seems I'll have to bully your boyfriend a little." Ellen winked at Julia.

"Bully?" Julia raised an eyebrow. "No way that gonna happen."

"My, you think the world of him, don't you? How lovely~" Ellen smiled from ear to ear. You only tempt me more and more to mess with that kid. Oh dear, I hope this doesn't get out of hand, teehee~

While she was heading to Bot Lane, her prey was busy pushing the lane Trever left unprotected.

"Okay, let's go!" Lars grinned as the enemy Turret collapsed. This was usually a good time to retreat, but Lars kept pushing full throttle. He was hella fed at this point, what could possibly happen? He was unstoppable, yo!

Meanwhile, the enemy Ranger was exposed by one of Gilbert's Wards in Bot Jungle. He was coming to gank Bot Lane, no doubt about it.

Okay, come at me, yo! I hope you gonna be more fun than that crappy Pirate. Lars didn't even consider dodging this obvious flanking. He kept pushing the lane as if nothing was going on, inviting the Ranger to come here and fight.

Suddenly, the Ranger appeared right behind him! What a surprise! Well, not really. He heard the sound cue for Wolf Companion and immediately rolled aside, dodging the wolf. The wolf CC was the standard opening for Ranger ganks, so Lars knew how to handle that stuff.

"Oh!" Lars was hit by an arrow while recovering from the roll. Hey, that Ranger wasn't half bad! He came here fully prepared for the possibility his wolf would be dodged, so he fired another shot right away! Rather than being fazed by Lars's quick dodge, he... he?

Oh, it's a chick? Lars realized the enemy Ranger was a woman, it was literally the first time he saw her this match. Except for Julia's Pyromancer, he was sure the rest of the enemy lineup was filled with males. That's when it hit him.

"Wait, is that the 'goddess' you mentioned!?" His eyes lit up.

"Who knows." Aron dodged. "Just... Just don't do anything rush."

"Heh, what's that? Worried about lil' ol' me?"

"You wish. I Just gave you some advice to keep the exam fair."

"Heh, is that so?" Lars kicked his lips. "Okay, let's see what this 'final boss' of yours got for me!"

His duel with the Ranger began. With Wolf Companion on cooldown, the only other skill Ranger had was Beartrap, but it didn't do shit in fights. There was also the ult, The Hunt is On, but a Ranger would usually activate it at the beginning of the gank, so it was probably on cooldown too.

Therefore, the only tool the Ranger had right now was her basic attacks. Lars had both Trickshot and Trickslide available, but there was no reason to be hasty here. His opponent didn't have any tools anyway, so he decided to keep his skills in store for when the Ranger was gonna flee.

Thus, the fight boiled down to basic attacks. It was a clash of pure mechanical skill, just how Lars liked it! Let's see how good this goddess can shoot!