Vol.7 Ch.19: Vanishing Presence

『You have killed an enemy!』

『FIRST BLOOD!』

"Phew," Nia breathed in relief. That was a little scary but it was over; she got that Knight. Hmph, that's what you get for trying to counter-pick me.

Okay, what's next? She had the entire map to herself so she could do whatever she wanted right now. What was the best play in this sort of situation?

In Nia's experience, taking the red buff was generally a helpful move. Therefore, she headed toward the Ogre Camp at the bottom of the map. She made quick work of the Ogres there with the help of Smite and returned to lane to clear the incoming wave.

That guy should still be dead. Nia double-checked and tripe-checked the status screen to make sure the Knight still had a respawn counter on him. Ok, he's still out. Let's push for now.

With her buffed attack power, Nia took out the enemy minions in a blink of an eye. With nobody to threaten her, she rotated around the enemy minions to strike them from behind for extra damage. The small fry fell one after another like flies.

Almost all her minions survived the clash so this was a great opportunity to push hard. However, Nia decided against it. Instead, she left her minions behind and went to farm the Wraith Camp on her side of the map.

Better not risk it. Just as she thought that, the enemy Knight returned to the lane to defend his Golem. Had Nia invaded together with her minions, the Knight would have caught her there and would have ended her whole career. Scary.

Phew. Bullet dodged. Nia sighed in relief while casually murdering the wraiths. There was nobody around to seriously threaten her so there was nothing to be wary of.

With that said, her HP dropped to 40% from all the recent fights she participated in. This was a no-no. She couldn't return to the lane in such a bad shape so she recalled back to the base.

By the time she returned to the lane, it was time for another minion wave to clash.

She's playing decent so far. Yuel nodded to himself while spectating the match from his tablet. A little too safe to my taste but decent nonetheless.

Instead of rushing to push the Golem, Nia chose the safe approach of securing both red and blue buffs. There were countless players in Duel who overextended as soon as they scored the first kill so Nia's cautious decision was a smart one. Though, maybe she was just too cautious for her own good in general. That might be a playstyle weakness but it was too early to judge.

In real-time, on Vincent's screen, the minion waves already clashed at the center of the map. Nia has just returned from the base with full HP. Now, how will she fight from this advantageous position?

Thanks to her kill and the extra farming, she made up for all the exp she lost during the laning phase. In fact, she got ahead of Vincent by now. On top of that, she had both the red and the blue buff. So, the power and cooldown of her skills were enhanced. She had the high ground in every way imaginable so she could go for another kill attempt.

Of course, Vincent understood that too. Hence, he didn't advance to the frontline like before. Instead, he cautiously hanged at the edge of the frontline and waited to see what move Nia will make.

But, nothing of note was happening. Nia didn't leave her Golem area to clear minions and she didn't go into stealth to sneak up to Vincent. So, it didn't look like she was planning to aggress on him any time soon.

She's not going to take advantage of her buffs? Yuel wondered. Even though Nia went out of her way to get both buffs, it didn't seem like she was going to capitalize on them. She kept played defensively, just like before she got the buffs.