Vol.8 Ch.21: What Happens When You Get Close

Yuel applied remote intimidation on Freezer and successfully made the guy retreat, denying the most efficient Sorcerer farming method. However, that's all this play accomplished. Freezer simply resorted to a backup farming method and didn't lose much.

So, he can farm well even from that position. Yuel frowned. This was the second time Freezer made Yuel's calculations go awry. First, the guy didn't pick Warlock. And now, Freezer was playing a solid Sorcerer.

I have to reevaluate him from scratch. Yuel concluded. Freezer was undeniably playing a strong Sorcerer and that's something the team will have to deal with going forward.

Now, back to the gank at hand. Should Yuel go through with it? Freezer hasn't retreated all the way to the Turret, so there was still an opportunity to strike.

No, there's no point. Yuel judged. Freezer didn't flee all the way, but he was close enough to his Turret. From this position, he was ready to retreat all the way if another ward spots Yuel approaching.

On top of that, Freezer bought Blink at the beginning of the game to compensate for the lack of escape tools in Sorcerer's kit. He was prepared to bail out of there at a moment's notice. So, this gank wasn't meant to be.

Still, let's keep him on his feet. Yuel turned around and threw his axe across the open space in the center of the jungle. The flying axe didn't trigger a sound alert for the enemy even if a ward spotted it, so this was a great trick for slipping out of the area without informing the enemy.

Yuel activated Axe Blitz and blinked to the axe. That's it, easy as that. In a blink of an eye, he was out of enemy territory.

However, the enemy still thought he was hanging around there and waited for his next move. They saw Yuel going deep into their territory, but where did he go next? Hopefully, that mystery will distract them a little.

"Heh, the kid is sure playing the patience game." Trever chuckled. "How long you think he gonna wait for his gank over there?"

"Don't be stupid," Aron retorted. "He must've already left."

"Yeah." Alex nodded.

"Huh? When? How?" Trever asked. "We got that whole area warded."

"Ever heard of blinking?" Alex rolled his eyes. "He's playing Viking, remember?"

"Oh! I see what's up. Yeah, he can blink outta there. But, you sure he actually did it? I didn't see anything."

"Pretty sure I saw his axe passing through. It was hard to tell, though. I would appreciate a validation."

"On it," Aron passed near the suspicious area on his way from Bot to Top. "He's not here."

"So, what's the deal?" Trever raised an eyebrow. "Was it all empty threats? Lame."

"It was a win-win for him," Alex explained. "Either I retreat and lose lane advantage, or I stay and run the risk of getting my arse ganked. He forced me into a worse position without lifting a finger. A nasty play."

"Yeah, kid be a genius like that," Trever nodded like a proud dad for some reason. "He always comes up with 'em crazy plays."

"It's not that special, he was merely applying pressure with his presence," Aron argued. "It's a standard thing high-level Jungler do. Though, he did take good advantage of our wards' vision, I'll give him that."

"Oh c'mon." Trever made a face. "Will it kill you to praise the kid for once?"

"He's just good at using the situation to his advantage, as always. It's at least nice to see he hasn't dulled much after transferring to this team. But, I'm yet to see anything new from him."