Chapter 31 Behind the Mask

Now Playing "Mask off" by Future

The sky roared in anger as I look towards it. Darkness all around us with only source of light being the lighting of Zeus.

"Jungkook will come late..." Tae said in a low tone. Then he and Jimin left me standing alone in the foyer. The maids and servants that were usually scattered around the place were no where to be found. As Jimin informed me it was late so they had already retired to their quarters.

"Don't worry ... He'll be back soon .. You go and rest. " He said but his typical chirpy voice was laced with uncertainty.

None the less I just flashed my brightest fake smile before wishing them off. Once in my own a warm bath awaited me which I gladly hoped in. As the water socked my skin calming the all the racing adrenaline.

~flashback~

"You can come out now" I said turning around to come face to face with a masked man. Jungkook might've not noticed him amongst the hoard of people. But when you are woman who has gotten used to the stares of lust and jealousy, something like this is not hard.

"Y/n" a familiar voice called my name.

Raising my brow I knew who he was. "shh" I kept my index finger on my lips. "let's go talk somewhere else". He just nodded and we walked deep within the garden away from any prying eyes.

"Y/N" he called again. "I ...I .. I'm sorry ... But ..." He stammered, his words cracked like him.

"Go ahead ....." I encouraged him.

"I ..I want to protect you. Have you nothing to do with this shitty world. But Hyung has no intention of stopping. I..I " a cry cracked his voice.

Hyung won't stop?

I covered the distance between us. Patting the sobbing self I assured him to continue.

"You are not safe with Jeon Jungkook"

Kookie? Is something gonna happen to him?

"I love you y/n. Sure I first approached you coz of orders. But now I want to protect you even if it means going again Yoongi Hyung."

Min Yoongi!

Blood ran through my veins... How dare that imbecile... To my Jungkook. My wrath covered my body, ugh, just the urge to stop myself from breaking this boy's neck was pretty hard. None the less calming myself down, I gave myself a quick pep talk. The boy and his trust is needed.

Covering the inches of distance I took him in my embrace. "Thank you so much... For warning me...I ..I was in stupid love.. Never did I know that their exist people who had so much ill in their mind. I shall forever be grateful to you..... Hoseok." My sweet words somehow not matching the sinister face behind his back.

~present~

Slipping on a comfy yet sexy nighty I wait eagerly for my love to return. Somehow I had developed this habit of sleeping in his warmth. His manly musk mixed with my favorite smell of blood....ugh just intoxicating.

Time passed and soon I moved from the comfy bed to the foyer waiting for him on the stairs

Clock turned from 12 to 1 to 2. But their was no sign of him. Usually on days like this he would call and inform me so that I could just wrap myself in his white shirt and go to sleep. But my phone still showed no message.

"Hmm... Maybe today he is extra busy..."

Cold had already frozen my freshly bathed body. For one last time I glanced at the huge grandfather clock. It's second hand ran a marathon per second as it stuck 12 marking 3. Sighing a bit I got up, my bare feet touching the cold marble. Aghh how cold is this night.

As I turned around to go back up a creak and gush of wind brought my attention. My happiness overflowing as I turned around but soon all my happiness drained as I came face to face with a horror I never expected.

Jungkook stood their covered up in blood. A strong stench of alcohol surrounded him. His eyes were dark jet black as if no ounce of humanity left.

Something about his aura intimidated me. Was I scared though? I won't say that ... It was as if I felt something but that wasn't exactly fear.

"Jungkookah..." I called him worry laced in my voice.

For while he looked at me his eyes flickering as if fighting against his inner demons. "Go away" he slowly said looking down.

"But.."

He glared at me. The light in his eyes taken over by anger and darkness. This staring competition continued for seconds until he decided to stalk near me. The more he came near me the more my heart rate would increase. It wasn't until under his dominate aura I bulged and took a step back that he pounced on me like a wild predator on his prey.

A/n

Angst chap anyone?

~~~~~~~

Happy Namjoon day everybody!!!♥️♥️♥️

Gawd daddy why u so sexy...ahem ahem...😂