EIGHT

Sammy's POV

"What the hell?!" I scream at the boys. "Sam" both reggie and sweet pea say.

"Get off of him, sweet pea!" I push sweet pea off of reggie. I rush over to reggie who was on the ground. "Are you okay?" I whisper to him. "I'm fine" he nods.

"Sam i-" sweet pea trys to talk but I cut him off. "No sweet pea, just leave!" I yell at him. "You've caused enough damage just leave before things get ugly" I clenched my jaw.

He walks away with anger and hurt in his eyes. "Come on let's get you out of here" I tell reggie while helping him get up from the ground. "We better go before principal weatherbee comes" he tells me and we walk away.

"I can't leave without having something going on, huh?" I look at reggie who was looking down. "Well technically he started it but I don't want to get you mad since it's your special day" reggie stops walking and faces me. "You mean more mad?" I laugh a little. "Yea more mad" he laughs.

"Sam, I'm sorry I didn't know you didn't like your birthday" he apologizes to me.

The reason I don't like my birthday is because this year I'm turning 17. And in the Santiago family once your 17 you have to join the family business aka the cartel. The twins and me are supposed to join the cartel this year and we promised each other that we won't tell anyone. And I mean ANYONE. Our family has done a lot of bad things and if anyone finds out what we do people are going to be to scared to talk to any of us.

"Its fine I shouldn't have made a big deal out of it" I shrug. "The thing is that my dad used to spoil me on my birthday every year since I could remember" I tell reggie. "He would've liked you, reggie" I touch the bruise that was on reggie's jaw.

"Even though he did bad things I didn't care about any of it"

"Anyways we should get you some ice for that bruise" I gesture to the locker room. "Or we could leave and go somewhere" he grabs my arm. "Where?" I raise my eyebrow.

"Its a surprise"

Sweet pea's POV

"Fuck him and her!" I punch the lockers and fangs flinches. "Actually you already fu-" I cut him off. "Shut up!" I yell at him. "Damn sweet pea, what happened?" A familiar voice tells me. I turn around to see cheryl and toni.

"He got in a fight with reggie" fangs explains. "Oh I heard about that but I didn't care" cheryl shrugs. "Why did you two fight?" Toni looks up at me. "Because sam doesn't know that reggie 'used' to sell drugs and that he is kind of the reason that south side high got shut down" I tell her.

"Also some other bullshit but that's between me and him"

"She's so stupid for talking to him" I squint my eyes. "I don't know sweet pea maybe he's-" toni trys to defend the 'pair'. "No he's bad for her and she can do way better" I lean against the lockers. "So you?" Cheryl says sarcastically. "No I don't deserve her" I shake my head.

I really don't deserve her. Sam is a good person. She might not show it but she is. I've seen that side of her and now she's showing that side to reggie who made a bet on her. He's way worse than me.

He doesn't deserve a kind hearted human like her.

"No one deserves our cousin" the twins come from behind toni and cheryl. "Especially you sweet pea, you better stay away from her" eli walks up to me but fangs pushes him back. "Oh shut up she can't stay away from me" I tell them. "Who can't stay away from you?" I hear a voice say behind me. I turn around to see sam with reggie who was holding a ice pack on his jaw.