THIRTY-EIGHT

Sammy's POV

I've been trying to contact archie and jughead for the past couple of hours. Then I tried calling Betty and Veronica. But they didn't answer either.

I was starting to get worried. It's late as well but not too late. They wouldn't go to sleep at eleven at midnight on a Saturday night.

Reggie tried doing the same thing but we both got no responses.

Also I've been trying to find out who texted me about reggie. I told the guy to meet me up at pop's and he agreed. So I'm currently on my way there.

Pop's was about to close when I got there but pop let me stay for a little while longer.

After what felt like the longest ten minutes of my life, the guy finally arrived.

Chuck?

He made eye contact with me and walked to the booth I was at and sat across from me.

"Chuck? You were sending me those messages?" I asked. "Yes. And you have to believe me" he says in a serious tone.

"Hear me out. At the beginning of the year, you were the new kid and everyone was talking about it. The Bulldogs got an idea of making a bet on you. So they told reggie to do it but after about a month he broke it off" he explains.

My heart stops and my stomach turns.

Chuck wouldn't make this up. How could he? I didn't wanna believe him but part of me did.

"I'm sorry, sammy" chuck says. "I'll ask reggie about it. See you later, chucky" I say and leave the dinner.

Tears of sadness and frustration started to form in my eyes. I walked back to reggie's house but on my way I heard a noise.

I turned around and no one was around. Then a hand covered my mouth and grabbed me. I was fighting to get out of their grip but then their were multiple people.

All with gargoyle masks.

Oh hell no.

They walked me to fox forest and tied me down on a chair. Their were candles places around the chair and a small box with a ribbon on it was placed on my lap. I couldn't grab it since my I was tied down and my mouth was covered.

Then I heard voices and leaves crunching due to footsteps.

"Hello?" A familiar voice says. Then I look up and see Archie, Betty, Jug, and Veronica.

"Sammy?" Betty asks as she scans my face. I just nod and sigh.

"Are you ok?" Archie asks me as him and jughead walk up to me. I simply nod as they grab the box from my lap.

"How did you get here?" Archie asks me as he removes the bandana from my mouth. "I was jumped by some gargoyles" I explain.

"Archie wait, this is another challenge" Veronica says. "Wait what? What challenge?" I say confused. "And why are you guys dressed as if you were going to prom?" I look at them.

"We'll explain later but we have to do this challenge. What does it say jug?" Betty asks. Jughead had a paper in his hand and read it out loud.

"Save or kill the two sides of the devil. Her best companion must fight the enemy" jug read.

"I'm the devil?" I ask. They all nod. "And who's the enemy?" I ask.

"I am, doll face" a voice behind me says. I turn around and see my brother.

"What? No! You're my brother!" I tell him. "C.J..." Veronica says. "Wait you know my brother?" I ask her and she nods.

"I'm not your enemy, sammy. Just run the cartel with me and we'll be together again" cody says as he circles around me. "Never. You know I don't want to" I tell him and look down.