FOUR

[Warning: there is abuse in the chapter!]

Narrators POV

"I don't get it!" Sammy told her bestfriend. "Why has sweet pea been ignoring me, I don't know what I did" sammy sighs at sweet pea who has been ignoring her since the weekend after she went out with reggie.

"Sammy maybe he just needs space" toni had snitched on her bestfriend for going out with mantle but she had to tell sammy before anyone else told samantha. "Sammy I have to tell you something but you have to promise not to get mad" toni said.

"Depends on what it is but I'll try not to get mad" sammy responded. "I kind of told sweet pea that you went out with reggie" toni said quickly.

"What the hell toni!" Sammy slams her locker and toni flinches. "You know I hate when people get in my business and I hate it even more when people go tell others my business!" Sammy clenches her jaw. "Sam-" toni trys to speak but sammy cuts her off.

"No don't you dare cut me off topaz, your supposed to be my bestfriend. The only person who knows my secrets and the only person that is supposed to support me no matter what decision I make, but you failed" sammy starts backing away from toni.

"Sammy I'm sorry" toni reaches for Sammy's hand but sammy pulls back.

"Sorry isn't gonna cut it this time, just leave me alone"

Sammy's POV

Out of all people I never thought my bestfriend would snitch on me. I just need time away from her right now.

"Hey Santiago" I hear a familiar voice call out my last name. I look up and see reggie in his practice uniform.

"Hey reg" I look down at my feet. "What's wrong?" He asks me but i don't respond. "Sammy what's wrong?" He lifts up my chin so I can face him. "I just wanna be alone, reg" I look away from him.

"Well I'm not gonna leave you alone" he puts his hand on my shoulder. "You never listen do you, mantle?" I shake my head and I turn to face him. "Sometimes, but what's wrong?" He said.

"Toni told sweet pea that I went out with you the other day" I clenched my jaw. "Why does he care?" He let's out a small laugh. "Because he's my ex" I sigh. "He's just mad because you chose me over him" he rolls his eyes in a playful way. "I'm just kidding but just talk to him and figure things out I guess and with toni too" he suggests. "I don't know" I shake my head.

"I'll be there with you so you won't feel alone, if you want" he grabs my hand.

"Why are you like this?" I ask him. "Like what?" He looks confused. "Why are you acting like you care?" I give him a weird look. "Why can't I care? Is that against the rules?" He chuckles. "No, it's just no one has cared for me in a while" I shrug. "Well maybe that should change" he smiles.

"Maybe"

Sweet pea's POV

"So your telling us that there's a person dressed up as a character from some game out in the streets?" I asked jughead. "All I'm saying is just to stay safe and stay in groups" he told the serpents. "Where's sammy?" He looks at me and toni.

"I'm right here, jones" I turn my head towards the door to see sammy and... reggie?

What the hell is that mutt doing here?

"Why is reggie here?" Fangs asks with a rude tone. "Because he's the one that encouraged me to come here and to talk to you two" she looks at me and toni. "Are you serious right now?" I clench my jaw. "Reggie mantle is helping you? He's helping a serpent" I laugh.