ONE

Narrators POV

Sammy Santiago is the youngest of the Santiago family. She has an older sister who's name is eliza. And a big brother who's name is cody.

They grew up on the south side of riverdale and are the kids of "el diablo". El diablo is the co-leader of the serpents and which means his kids are part of serpents. He gave them their leather jackets when eliza was 13, cody was 10, and sammy was 8. The jackets didn't fit them at first but when they got older they started go grow into them.

The Santiago's are one of them most respected family's on the Southside. If you mess with one of them you mess with all of them. People feared the Santiago family. And they had good reasons to.

Reason 1, cody Santiago has anger issues which means you get on his nerves...you're dead.

Reason 2, sammy has two twin cousins who have been in and out of jail since the age of 13. Currently they are in jail for robbing a jewelry store in greendale.

Reason 3, their FATHER is called "el diablo" and it means "the devil" in Spanish.

In the present day:

"Are we there yet?" Sammy complains to her mother who was getting annoyed by her daughter asking so many questions. "Almost samantha just be quiet already" she rolls her eyes at the 16 year old. "Do you think dad would want us to go back to riverdale?" Sammy looks down at her finger nails. "Your dad would want the best for us" she sighs at the fact that her husband had been missing for the past 6 months.

The car was filled with silence for a little while until they saw the sign that said 'riverdale a town with a pep'. "Did you tell your old friends that you were coming back?" Her mom questioned her.

"Yea I'm supposed to meet toni and her girlfriend at pop's in a little bit" sammy looked at her mom and gave her a little smile. "What about sweet pea" Sammy's mom asked her. "I don't wanna talk about him mom...." sammy messes with the ring on her finger which happens to be a promise ring he had given her when they were together.

Yes, sammy and sweet pea were together at one point. They were each others first everything. Sammy had to move to San Diego for a 'fresh start' as her father said. Sweet pea didn't take the news so well and caused a heated argument and it caused them to break up. But they weren't over each other and probably never will.

"Fine then" her mom said. They pulled up at the sunny side trailer park and started unpacking everything from the truck. As sammy was going inside she noticed there was some furniture already in the trailer. "Hey mom how-" sammy stopped talking once she saw a tall figure hug her mom. "Sammy this is my boyfriend, manny" her mother said. "How? When? What?" Sammy was speechless. "I'll explain later he can help me unpack, you go meet with your friends" she told sammy. "Alright then" sammy didn't know what else to say.

She was shook. How could her mom get with someone else while her husband was missing. But it wouldn't be the first time Sammy's mom was cheating on her father.

Sammy hopped on her motorcycle and headed to pop's. When she arrived she saw toni and a red headed girl talking at a booth. "Sammy Santiago!" toni yelled out to her old friend. "Toni topaz and this is?" She pointed to the red head. "My girlfriend cheryl blossom" she grabbed Cheryl's hand. "Uh blossom?" Sammy looks at her then at toni. "Don't worry she's cool" toni gave sammy a warm smile.

They talked and talked until their food came. "I'm gonna go use the bathroom real quick" sammy got up and head to the bath room.

Sammy's POV

Once I finished going to the restroom I walked out of the stall and was washing my hands when a raven haired girl complamented my crop top.

"Where did you get it from?" She asked me. "Forever 21" I respond. "Well I know where I'm going after pop's" she admires my crop top. "Are you new to riverdale?" She asked me. "No, I'm from here but I left to San Diego and now I came back to riverdale" I give her a small smile. "What's your name?" I asked her.

"Veronica...Veronica lodge"

"Nice to meet you Veronica, I'm sammy Santiago" I hold my hand out in a fist waiting for her to bump it. She does but in an awkward way like she wasn't expecting a fist bump more like a hand shake.

"Do you go to riverdale high?" I asked her. "Yes I do" she nods. "I heard that Southside high got shut down for a stupid reason so I'm going to riverdale high, sadly" sammy sighs. "Don't worry I got your back from now on but I'll see you at school, samantha" me and Veronica walked out out the restroom and went back to the booths we were sitting at.

"So cheryl how has toni been treating you?" I popped a fry into my mouth. "Horrible" she said sarcastically. We all laugh about toni treating cheryl 'horrible'.

I heard the bell ring and turned around to see a raven haired boy with a white t-shirt on and Jean's.
We made eye contact as soon as he walked in. When I looked into his eyes I felt something. Or I saw something. I can't put my finger on it but he's something, I know he is.

Reggie's POV

I was late to a meeting I was having with archie and Veronica but at least I'll be fashionably late.

I walk into pop's and a girl with light brown hair turns her head to see me. We made eye contact. I don't know why but my heart beat started to speed up. And it felt like all the time in the world stopped and it was just me and her.

"Hey reg, over here!" I hear archie yell to me from right side of me.

Me and that girl break eye contact and I head towards the booth where veronica and archie were sitting at.

"Do you guys know who that girl is?" I asked both of them as I sat down. "That's sammy Santiago" veronica looked at her then back at me. "As in the 'Santiago' family?" Archie said. "Reg if you break her heart her family will literally murder you" Archie pointed at her. "Okay archie we get it her family is dangerous but that doesn't mean she is" Veronica defended her. "Yea Andrews" I agreed with Veronica.

What's so bad about her. Just because she's a 'Santiago' doesn't mean she's like the rest of them.

What are you thinking mantle? She's a serpent! She won't like you anyways because you're a bulldog and because of you're reputation.

But is she worth it?

"Can we please talk about something else please, like the reason we called you, reg" archie said.

"Yea why did you guys call me?"

A/n
Omg they saw each other for the first time! And I wonder if reggie will confront her at school or let her come to him, like he does with some of the girls in riverdale high. Anyways I have to much stuff planned for this book!

Until next time , peace !