TWENTY-SIX

Morning

Me and archie had stayed up talking until we were both falling asleep on the couch while talking.

Archie had let me sleep in his bed and he slept on a mattress he put on the floor.

I didn't have clothes so he let me use one of his white t-shirts to sleep in.

My phone started ringing and I checked who it was.

Sweet pea.

"Can I help you?" I ask once I answer. "Where are you? Toni and cheryl said you never came home last night" sweet pea asks. When I was gonna answer archie got up and asked me who I was talking to.

"Is that archie?" Sweet pea yells through the phone. "Shut up sweets, he's right here" I say. "Sorry but what are you doing with red?" He asks me. "We just had a sleep over that's all" i say honestly. "What if reggie finds out?" He asks.

"Why would reggie care? And why would you ask if he would?"

"Just get to the bunker fast"

After he said that he hung up and archie sighed because of what sweet pea was saying.

"What will happen is reggie does find out?" He sits up from the mattress. "Its not like we slept together. So he shouldn't worry" I respond.

"You look good with morning hair by the way" archie laughs. "Oh look who's talking" I laugh and through a pillow at him. He catches it and laughs.

"You should go" he says. "It sounded like they need you" he adds. "You're right, I'll come back for breakfast though" I wink at him.

I left his house and immediately went to the bunker. I didn't have my motorcycle with me so I walked.

"What do you guys want now?" I ask as I get into the bunker. "Fp wants to talk to us" fangs says. "By us, you mean you and sweet pea? Because you two got us in this mess!" I get after them. "At least I wasn't sleeping with-" jughead cuts fangs off. "Leave her alone fangs and sit down" he says sternly.

Fangs and sweet pea sat by jughead and I leaned against the wall my the entrance.

"So explain it to me one more time" Fp says. "We drove him to the bus station at gun point and got him on a bus out of town" Jughead explains the cover story. "He murdered Joaquin. And you thought putting him on a bus was a enough punishment? I don't by it" Fp says.

"Look I made a decision. I'm sorry you don't agree with that, but he's gone" Jug says seriously.

"I hope you guys have a far better explanation than this" Fp says seriously. "We have three actually" sweet pea says. "Pick your favorite" I say with a smile.

"I'm gonna pretend like I believe you idiots for now. I've got my hands full finding hiram's would-be assassin. Next time you see me, have a better story" Fp says and leaves.

"Sure thing, Fp!" I say sarcastically and chuckle.

"Why are you in a good mood?" Jughead smiles and asks. "Did my advice work?" He asks. "Totally, me and archie talked and I guess you can say, we made progress" I shrug. "Woah, you move on fast" fangs says. "I didn't move on" I shake my head 'no'.

"I just needed a friend and archie was there for me, along with jug" I smile at jughead. "Anytime" he nods. "I should go back with archie. I told him that I'd be back for breakfast" I say. I say bye to the three and leave the bunker.

I made a quick stop at Cheryl's house and changed into torn jeans, a red Adidas crop top and my serpent jacket of course. I rode my bike to Archie's since my bike was at Cheryl's.