THIRTY-ONE

Sammy's POV

My eyes flutter open and I scan my surroundings. I immediately start to panic when I can't figure out where I am.

"Good, you're awake" eli and theo both say as they enter the room. They sit in two chairs that were by the bed I was laying in.

"Where am i? What happened?" I ask them. "You're in the hospital, sammy" theo says. "You had an anxiety attack and passed out" eli says without making eye contact with me.

"The doctor said you've been suffering with an anxiety disorder. It's been bothering you for the past couple of months and you haven't realized it" eli adds and fiddles with him fingers. Theo sighs and does the same.

"What kind of anxiety disorder?" I ask. "PTSD. It's when you suffer from a traumatic experience" theo answers. The twins both look at each other and then look at me.

What's wrong?

"Sammy, we've suffered with it too. After seeing what they do in the cartel the last few months... we take medication to help it. It helps but not a lot" eli tells me in a shaky voice.

"We thought we were the only ones"

I thought I was the only one.

"Do you have dreams about people you care about dying? Or something similar?" Theo asks. "Yeah I have. With you two, Archie and my siblings too. And sometimes I see my dad again and then..." I start to explain but then I stop.

I hate talking about those dreams.

"You don't have to talk about it. We don't like talking about that stuff either" eli mumbles.

We stayed silent until the nurse came in and told me that I could leave. But before I could she gave me a small check up and asked me questions.

"Here's the medication the doctor wants you to take. Take one per day and here's an extra bottle for when you run out"

"Here's your belongings as well"

She hands me my bag of clothes and stuff like that.

"We'll let you change. We'll be waiting outside for you"

Reggie's POV

"Ronnie, can we talk business?" I ask her. "Always. What's up?" She nods.

"I've invested a lot of time here. Being a bartender, a bouncer, a delivery man, pit boss, you name it. I've also made a lot of sacrifices, like giving up my car to glady's and my relationship with sam..." I start off.

Even though me and sam aren't at a good place right now. I did sacrifice my relationship because I dedicated my time to Veronica instead of Sam which was a big mistake.

I wanna apologize to sam and ever since last night, I've been meaning to text her. But first I wanted to talk to Veronica.

"So, I've been thinking, I want to be your business partner"

I hope she agrees. Because if she does I'll be my own boss instead of Veronica and I'll have more time for my relationship.

"Reggie, you have been nothing but helpful and dedicated, but I still owe a hefty debt to my father and glady's. It just wouldn't be wise for me to begin another partnership, right now" she explains.

"Veronica I know my worth. You should know it too" I tell her. "Believe me I do" she nods. Then she explains some crap that her abuleta said.

I just walked off and left the speakeasy. I was pissed because she didn't agree. She knows what I've done just her and the business and she still rejects my offer.