TWENTY-FIVE

Sammy's POV

"Wait, archie's back?" I ask Kevin. "Yeah, he's talking to principle weatherbee right now" he responded. I squeal in excitement and jump a little. I was even smiling.

"Woah you seem excited. I haven't seen you smile like this since you and reggie broke up" Kevin says surprisingly. "Don't remind me" I sigh. "I'm gonna go wait for archie, I'll see you later, kev" I tell Kevin and leave him standing at his locker.

I waited by the office until I saw archie. But it wasn't archie, it was a different archie. The look in his eyes were different, almost imitating.

"Excuse me, have you seen ketchup boy around here?" I tap his shoulder and he turns around confused. "Sammy!" He smiles and hugs me, tight.

I hug him back and almost cry because of how much I've missed him.

"I really missed you" I say in the hug. "But can you let go, I can't breathe" I tell him and he does so.

"Thanks"

"Sorry, I just needed that hug" he says. "What have I missed since I've been gone?" He asks me.

"Me and reggie broke up" I say in almost a whisper. "I'm sorry sammy, if you need anything I'm here" he puts his hand on my shoulder. "Thanks archie" I smile at him.

------------------------------------------------------

"Iconolast"

"Iconolast... that is..." Archie says. Me and betty look at each other then back at archie and wait for his answer.

"When a person attacks another's cherished beliefs" jughead answers for him. "I'm in high school, how am I supposed to know that?" Archie complains. "You're not wrong" I agree with him. "Sammy, you agreed to help archie study, not to complain with him" betty says. "My bad" I put my hands up as defense.

"Why don't we start thinking of SATS in terms of strategy" Jughead suggests. "When your in doubt just... fill in all the bubbles D?" He adds. "That's a smart move" I nod and eat from my bag of chips.

"Betty, how did I do on the practice test?" Archie changes the subject. "I tanked it, didn't i?" He asks.

Archie takes the test from Betty's hand and sees his grade.

"I got a 600 on this part" He observes the paper. "That's your combined scare, arch" Betty says. "It's in the bottom 10th percentile" she adds.

"Yikes" I mumble and stuff a chip into my mouth. Jughead gives me that 'seriously' look.

"What?" I shrug. Jug's phone rings and he says it's a text from fangs.

"Do you want me to come with?" Me and archie say in sync.

"No. I'd stay and get a couple extra hours of cramming in. And sammy, betty is going to need your help" Jughead says as he grabs his things.

"If anyone's gonna get you up to speed it's betty and sammy"

"Bye" jughead kisses betty and leaves. "Does he really think I can help archie?" I ask betty. "Even though you and your family pulled that stunt the other night, he still believes in you" betty replies.

"Give her a break, betty. She's going through a lot right now" archie stands up for me. I look at him and smile.

"Let's get back to work"

"What's the point? Its hopeless right?" Archie complains. "That's what you said when you were in 2nd grade and couldn't read, remember? And we got you caught up" Betty says.