TEN

Midnight

I still haven't talked to reggie since our argument in the kitchen. I was getting worried and started to feel guilty, which is super rare for me.

This kid really is going to be the death of me.

"Do you know where reggie is?" I went up to ask josie. "Um I saw him in the backyard with the-the boys" she looks nervous and stutters. "Oh okay thanks" I give her a small smile and head towards the back door. I see reggie talking to moose and chuck.

"Hey can we talk?" I walked up to him. "Why so you can give me more attitude?" He takes a sip from his beer and doesn't look at me. "Look I'm trying to make things right between us, okay? So can we talk?" I tell him. "Fine we can talk in my room" he guides me to his room and I sit on his bed.

"So what do you want to talk about?" He asks me. "I'm sorry" I mumble. "Excuse me what did you say?" He comes closer to me. "I said I'm.....sorry" I mumble again. "I'm sorry can you speak up?" He squints his eyes at me.

"I said I'm sorry!"

"Wow can someone take a picture, the famous sam is saying sorry for the first time"

"I knew I shouldn't have bothered with you, I'm just gonna go" I try to open his door but he blocks my way. "I'm messing with you, sam" he chuckles.

I'm going to kick you in the balls and say 'I'm messing with you reggie'

"I accept your apology but-" I cut him off. "But you want something right?" I cross my arms. "No just... I don't want you to be doing stupid things" he pursues his lips. "I'll stop, but just for you" I mumble. "Look sam we just made up an- wait did you just say that you'll do it?" He looks confused.

"If its what makes you happy, I'll do it just for you"

I want reggie to be happy.

"Just for me?"

"Just for you, reggie"

It got quiet after what I said. Archie said that reggie likes me and I don't know if he's lying or not. But its archie he never lies. Right?

I decided to make things less awkward and I walk over to his drawer to get a hoodie.

"What do you think your doing?"

"Getting one of your hoodies"

"Why?"

"Because I can"

"Here hold my jacket" i hand him my serpent jacket and he observes it. "Can I ask you something?" He looks at me while I put the hoodie on. "Yea what is it?" I nod. "Why did you join the serpents?" He looks at my jacket and then at me.

I had no choice I was born into this life.

"My dad gave me the jacket when I was 8" I take the jacket from him and put it on. "Do you ever think what it would've been like if he didn't give it to you?" He bites the inside of his cheeks. "I would've joined anyways, I'm a serpent by blood" I looked into his brown eyes. "Do you like being a serpent?" He questions me.

The truth is I kind of do. The only thing is that my family wants me to join the stupid cartel.

"It has its pros and cons"

"Are you really planning on doing this for the rest of your life?"

"I have no other choice and if I tried to leave I would be seen as a coward"

"What if we left together? We could be cowards together"

"When would we leave? Where would we go?"