THIRTY-NINE

Sammy's POV

"Did you ever make a bet on me?" The words fall out of my mouth. I just stare at reggie and wait for his reply but he stays quiet. He looks down at the ground and doesn't say a thing.

There's no way he made a bet on me. Right?

"Ha. Funny, reggie. Now tell me did you ever make a bet on me?" I scoff and laugh a little because I thought he was playing a joke. But the look on his face and how he didn't respond made me think otherwise.

"Did you?" I raise my voice as I become impatient. My blood was starting to boil and my heart was pounding.

I want the truth.

"I didn't take the money. And even called it off before anything actually happened between us" he says in deep raspy voice. My eyes widen and my mouth opens but no words come out.

"I was stupid at the time. But I'm different now and we're happy together" he walks towards me and tries to grab my hand but I pull away before he had the chance.

I slapped him as tears came down my cheeks. My eyes starting to get puffy and red.

"So I was just a game to you at the beginning?!" I yell. "You never were. Well, I didn't think you were until months after" he said as he held his cheek. Guilt and sadness are in his eyes. His eyes starting to turn bloodshot as tears roll down his cheeks.

I couldn't believe this was happening. Sweet pea, my brother, and even archie warned me about the bet. I thought it was just a rumor. Or something to get between me and reggie and wasn't true. But no. They were telling the truth.

My breathing was starting to get uneven and I started shaking. I pushed reggie out of my way to go into one of his drawers to grab my medication. I popped two pills into my mouth and then I felt a hand knock the bottle out of my hand.

"What the fuck!" I yell. "You don't need that shit" reggie says in a deep voice. "You did this to me! You did! You changed me. You made me this way and it's all your fault!" I screamed at him and banged on his chest.

Once I let out my frustration. I started to pack a bag of clothes because I didn't wanna stay with reggie.

"What do you think you're doing?" He follows me as I place some clothes into my bag. I ignore his question and continue to pack my bag while I cry.

"Baby, don't leave. We can figure this out!" He whines and I can tell in his voice he meant it. I just can't process anything right now after what I found out.

"I'm not your baby anymore"

The next day

"Sammy, are you sure we have enough money to take a bus to Arizona?" Theo asks me as he and eli pack their bags. "It's pretty far from riverdale but we'll have enough. We're only staying for a while and then we'll move down south" I explain.

I told them what happened with reggie and they were furious. So we came up with a plan to leave riverdale. We didn't have a reason to stay anymore.

Or so we thought.

"I need to talk to someone before we go. And do a few things" I said and fiddled with my fingers.

"Want us to tag along?" Eli asks. "Why not?" I said nervously.

We headed to archie's house. And before that I wrote letters to friends i had here in riverdale.

I knocked on Archie's front door and waited for him to answer with the twins.

He opened the door with a serious look. Me and the twins looked at each other then at archie.

"What's wrong?" I ask archie. "Come inside" he bluntly said.