Forty-one

May: You awake?

JR: Yea? I just wake up. It's six hours away. Try to remember.

May: Yea, yea I try.

JR: so... Sup? You rarely online these days.

May: Yea I've been busy.

         Remember the thing I said bout my memory?

JR: Yea?

May: It's worse than ever.

JR: Care to tell me? When did this all start?

Sighing, I reluctantly twirled my phone as I debated myself. But after a while, I decided to tell him all of them.

May: It started around last year

Somehow, it was easier to tell a secret to someone you don't see, and don't really know. So while at first very hard, and embarrassing, it became easier and easier as fact by fact, and event by event flowed easily from my fingers.  Until I finished talking, he never typed a word.

May: and that's it.

JR: Whoa, that is a lot.

May: Sorry.

JR: No, it's alright.

May: What to do now?

JR: Well, summer vacation is near, I will be able to go home in two or three months. I will be able to help you fully then. For now, how about contacting someone else to help you?

In my mind, I remembered how the crowd reacted as they knew who am I, a few hours ago. But maybe JR didn't need to know that.

May: I will search for someone then.

JR: great then.

May : thanks.

JR: May?

May: Yea?

JR: You are not worthless. Say that a hundred times before you sleep.

Tears swelled and rolled to my cheek for the hundredth times today. Yet I didn't want him to know how sad and desperate I am, so I gulped my feeling and typed back.

May: Yea I know. I will. Thanks.