Chapter Eightneen

For the first time in 9 years I sleep well. No nightmares nor empty dream. I slept peacefully. I felt safe throughout the night.

I snuggled closer to the warm pillow. I don't want to wake up now. The pillow groaned and I'm confuse. Do pillow groan? Something around my waist tightened and I opened my eyes.

I raised the upper half of my body and I noticed and straddling Jayden. I'm shock at our position. How did this happen? He opened his eyes and when he saw our position he quickly sits upright  causing us hit our heads.

Groaning in pain, we looked at each other and our faces were really close. I jumped off his body like it was on fire.

"Em... Sorry about that, but I don't know how we ended up like that" he apologized.

"No problem, let's get going. I will take a shower first" I quickly took my clothes and went to the bathroom.

I cane out of the bathroom, I saw Jayden sitting on the bed with his phone.

"You can go now, am done" he turned towards me and smiled. He took his clothes and went to the bathroom. I ordered breakfast for us. It took about 10 minutes before the breakfast came and a minute later Jayden came out of the bathroom clothed. His hair a little wet from shower. he looks really hot right now.

We are breakfast but we didn't talk to each other. You can feel the tension between us. After the awkward meal we left the hotel.

We went back to the building site. our supplier was true to his words. I saw the vans with the materials needed. I had nothing else to do here so me and Jayden for the airport.
____________________________________

Its Monday, Jayden is bring Mr Chan to the meeting room were am waiting from him.

"Mr Chan, welcome. Have a seat and let's get start" he sat down on the chair in front of me.

"Very well Miss Brooks, you may start" i turned to Jayden and he gave me a smile and thumbs up.

I started on my presentation. I explained everything about the building. From the building structure, the interior and exterior design, table arrangements. The kitchen design. Everything i was saying could be seen at the project behind me. I can tell that he was happy because he kept smiling and nodding at everything I say.

"What do you think about the structure of your new restaurant Mr Chan" I am done with my presentation i just need his opinion.

"I love it Miss Brooks. Your work is perfect and I can't wait to open my new Branch here in Australia. Thanks to you I no it will be a success" we shook hands and he left the meeting room.

"That was a great presentation Cassie" I turned to Jayden and smiled.

"Thanks, am happy its over. I can finally rest" I have no work now. Just to oversee the constructions taking place.

"Its good to know that you are less busy" Jayden said.

"Am why is that?" I asked

"Cause tomorrow is a special day for me. Want to know why?"  He asked. He had a little bit of mischief in his eyes.

"Am why is it a special day?" I asked confused.

"Its special because its your birthday" I taken aback by his words. He thinks my birthday is special. i looked at him and saw him smiling brightly at me.

"I want to take you out tomorrow" I looked at him with wide eyes. He realize what he just said

"I mean as you friend to celebrate your birthday" he looked embarrassed and I was still in shock.

"You can't say no Cassie. Its what friends do for each other" he said.

"Well like you said I can't say no. Guess I will see you tomorrow" I left the meeting room because it felt like my heart was about to jump out of my chest.

I went home after work. I don't have anything to do. after bathing and eating dinner. I went to the sitting room. I have a sitting room but I hardly stay here. The lights were off so it was dark. All the maids has gone for the night and am alone in a big house, always alone. I don't know how long I've been sitting here. I looked at the time and it was a minute to midnight. As it clock Midnight I received a text.

"Happy Birthday Cass" it was from Jayden. I kept looking at the text. It looks like am not alone anymore. I have a friend.