Chapter 8 Kyron

All that good ass food at Ms. Lynette's and I couldn't even enjoy none of it. I didn't know how this meeting was about to go. It wasn't like I was scared or no shit like that; I just didn't know how Rome was gonna react. I was ready for whatever if he was feeling a type of way, but that was my nigga and I would never want any ill feelings between us.

"So how's shit going with, Sha? She ran up out of the house like she had fire under her ass." Rome was in my passenger and we was on our way to meet up with everybody.

"Shit." Rome ran a hand down his face. "I'm still working on it."

"Sha may be giving you a hard time but you know she got a soft spot for you. Give it some time." Rome nodded before he sparked the blunt he'd finished rolling.

"Yeah a nigga can only hope, but what's up with you and Nautica though? You really doing that?" He passed me the blunt and I took a few puffs before I shrugged.

"We together, but I'm still doing my thing. Lately though, I been thinking about getting out of that situation."

"Shit, I figured as much with the way you was on Niecy when your woman was right fuckin there." He laughed and shook his head.

I'd noticed Niecy the second she'd pulled up with Tone and couldn't take my eyes off her till me and Rome dipped off. I can't even put my finger on it but she had something with her that was drawing me in. Her chocolate skin was sexy and soft as hell. The dress she'd had on outlined her curvy body but still left some shit to my imagination. I'd almost forgotten Nautica's ass was even around when I'd stepped to her.

"Man, Niecy was looking right. What's up with her?"

"She just graduated from Duke and moved back out here to find a nursing program. She's a good girl."

That shit was sexy as fuck to me. A woman who was both book smart and beautiful. Nautica didn't do shit but spend my money and bitch. She didn't even get her high school diploma and had zero motivation to go back for it.

"Make sure before you even think about coming for her though, that you got your shit settled and you coming correct. That's Tone's daughter right there and may as well be my lil sis," Rome added.

"I hear that."

"Aight nigga."

We pulled up to the warehouse then went inside. Our shit was ducked off deep in the industrial area of town and most people who owned the buildings around here didn't do shit with it. After punching in the code to unlock the door, me and Rome walked in.

There was a large table set up in the middle of the open floor and the seats surrounding it were already occupied by our circle. As soon as Rome came through the door behind me, love was shown from all around. Tyrese, Duke, T and Blevo took turns dapping up Rome. Normally, we like to keep a clear head when we discuss business but today was a different kind of occasion. Hennessy and Remy bottles littered the table along with a handful of rolled blunts.

Rome took his rightful spot back at the head of the table and I fell back and took my old seat on his right side. When everybody settled back in their chairs Rome started the meeting.

"Feels good as shit to be back. Y'all really held it down for a nigga while I was going through bullshit and I appreciate that shit. Now, I'm ready to get back to this money." Rome rubbed his hands together. "The setup we got going at county has been bringing in a lot of bread and I got shit set up so it keeps going."

When Rome got locked up and we started getting our shit in behind prison walls, we started seeing almost as much money from that as we did out in all the territory we had locked down. Almost.

"I'm thinking about expanding to more prisons. They got Quame out in another county and he's gonna do some shit out there."

Quame was one of our niggas who had gotten a little wild and ended up catching a body. His baby moms had been on dirt and that nigga had lost it and shot the nigga in broad daylight with several witnesses. The nigga had spit on him and left other DNA evidence that couldn't be denied even with the best lawyers, so he'd ended up getting life. He and Rome had been locked up together for a few before he was shipped away.

"All we need to do is grease a few pockets and we're in over there too. I'm going to call Draco and see about making an increase." As soon as Rome said that almost every nigga's face twisted up at the table.

"Draco? We are messing with him again?" Duke was the first to speak up in his thick Jamaican accent.

"Again? What you mean?" Rome's expression was a mix of anger and confusion. The anger, I knew was coming from the fact that he was confused. "The fuck happened with Draco?"

Everybody at the table fell silent as their eyes focused on me.

"So nobody don't got shit to say?" Rome looked around the table.

"Everybody get the fuck up out of here now!" As Rome said it, his fist slammed down on the table and his dark eyes looked to me. His tone was deadly and nobody said shit as they filed out.

"Ky. What the fuck is going on?" Rome didn't speak until the door shut behind them and got up and stood by my chair.

"I made a few changes." I got up from the table so we were eye level. No way I was about to have his ass standing over me like that.

"I guess so. Yet, you didn't feel the need to keep me up to speed with this shit? The fuck is going on, Ky?"

At first, not telling Rome that I cut tithes with Draco seemed like the best idea. I figured when the information came out during the meeting he would be able to see firsthand how the changes I'd made had did us all good and blessed all of our pockets. Now I wasn't so sure.

"I was introduced to a nigga with better prices and better product. I know you and Draco go back but what Malano can do for us can't be beat." Walking over to where we stashed shit I produced a sample of Malano's coke and placed it down on the table next to Draco's.

"This shit ain't cut like how Draco's is." You could see the difference in color with the two. Draco's was more white which meant it had been cut with more shit. Coke in its purest form has more of a yellowish tint. The off white color of Malano's said it all.

"So you immediately cut shit off with Draco the minute some nigga dangles some shit in front of your face?"

"Better shit and a lower price? Hell yea I did." I stepped up to Rome so we were face to face.

"Man, my nigga." Rome smirked then shook his head. "I leave you my shit and you making decisions like I have no fuckin part? This your shit now Ky?"

Rome was never one to mince words or beat around the bush. He had a tendency of punking niggas too but I wasn't the one.

"I never said that but I been running this shit and it was a good move for us. Your stubborn ass wouldn't have ever done it."

Rome was loyal to Draco. I get that he is a family friend but money was supposed to be the motive.

"So let me ask you something, where the fuck was this shit at when I was in lock up? Huh? This isn't the shit we was getting."

Yeah, I'd given Rome the leftovers of Draco's shit but it had all been for good reason.

"We still had the rest of Draco's shit to get off and I wanted to see how Malano's shit would do."

"Nah, you wanted to be a bitch ass nigga and go behind my back." Rome stepped closer and got in my face.

"Yeah I'll be that bitch ass nigga who did what the fuck you couldn't. The numbers don't lie my nigga. We're doing better than we ever have and Malano is the reason why. My fuckin decision is the reason why!"

Rome mugged me, breathing all hard and shit. Out of nowhere his ass hauled off and punch the shit out of me.