Chapter 37 Rome

"Yeah, nigga! The fucks up!?" I sneered with my Glock cocked.

Crying wasn't something I hadn't done since watching my pop's take his last breath, but I'd cried like a damn baby on the end of that fuckin block. I mean, the shit was blowin my fuckin mind. JJ had been right fuckin there on the sidewalk in front of Ma's chasing his remote-control car up and down the sidewalk. He hadn't even ventured that far down the block while me and Ky had been watching, smoking a Dutch on the porch.

A white service type looking van had rolled down the street at a normal speed and I hadn't really thought twice about it. Everything had happened in literally a matter of seconds.

Like some shit out of a fuckin movie, I'd watched the van slam on its brakes. The side door flew open and two niggas hopped out, securing JJ in the back of the van before I'd even had a chance to make it off the porch.

Aiming for the wheels that were trying to spin around the corner, I'd let off a few shots, but the truck had been gone and so was J. Though I couldn't see the car any more, I'd kept pumping until I'd reached the end of the street and had no idea which way the van had taken off in. My chest had felt like it was about ready to cave in I was so out of breath, but that was nothing compared to the burn that settled in when I realized JJ was really gone.

"Fuck!" My vocal chords burned as the curse echoed throughout the empty block.

I couldn't tell you how long I stayed in that position, but I did remember Ky pulling me up to my feet.

The only thing I wanted to do when I snapped back was jump in my whip and go. Go where? I didn't know, but I just knew I couldn't be still. 

When I made it back to the house, Sha was a wreck and Ma was no better, though she was attempting to comfort Shawnee. I was just trying to get to the whip, but I had to calm Sha down first which was crazy because I hadn't been calm my damn self.

"Where the fuck is he?" I asked, spit flying from my mouth and landing all over this nigga's ashy ass face.

What I hadn't been expecting Sha to say was that she knew who was responsible for all of this and that had led me to my first motha fuckin destination.

Shoving the end of my Glock down Derick's throat, I watched his ass gag, eyes wide as fuck. The only reason why this nigga wasn't dead already was because I'd ran all up through his trashy ass spot and hadn't found JJ. The shit looked like a fuckin meth house but from the outside, you wouldn't even suspect it.

Realizing the gun was restricting his speech and airway, I removed it but kept it aimed at his nose.

"Who! I don't have anybody here man! You seen that!"

This nigga looked nasty as shit. He stunk just like this whole fuckin house did, which was no surprise given the trash that littered the floor. There wasn't shit in this motha fucka and this nigga was missing more teeth and looking even frailer than when I'd whooped his ass the first time. There was no question that he was on that shit. It blew my mind that Sha had actually entertained this weak ass nigga.

"Where's his son at?" Ky asked, his gun right next to mine.

"Son!? I don't know shit about no kid!"

Looking in his eyes, I knew he was telling the truth. Cocking back, I smashed the butt of my gun across his nose, causing it to leak blood all down the front of his face and onto the dingy shirt he was wearing.

"Aahh!! What the fuck!" he cried out, as tears rolled down his dirty ass cheeks. 

The shit was fuckin pitiful.