Chapter 28 Rome

"This bitch is on some crazy shit, nigga!" Ky complained.

We were both at the warehouse counting up the money for the week. Usually it was a one person job but with how Milano's product was getting around, it was a two or three man job now, that took hours to complete. Who would complain about that though? Money was flowing in like it never had and we had even expanded our reach out of state.

"Like you ain't know that shit before you wifed her up." Laughing at my own joke, I fed more money into the counter.

Shit with me and Ky had almost made it back to normal. Naturally, I had my eyes on him but he was still my nigga and we had moved forward.

"Man kill all that shit. Ain't nobody wifed up that stalking ass bitch."

Nautica was really doing a number on Ky and hadn't taken their breakup well. She'd been popping up all over the place, on some crazy shit, trying to get Ky to talk to her since he'd blocked all four numbers she'd tried contacting him with. She was claiming to be homeless, that she didn't have anywhere to go, and that she needed money for doctors appointments and all that.

"I pray to God that ain't my baby or that she's lying about being pregnant. You know how these bitches are these days. They'll say anything if they think a nigga about to leave them."

Ky looked mad stressed.

"Shit nigga, if she really is and it's your kid, you'll be straight."

"Without question but being tied to Nautica for the next eighteen years would be some bull shit. She's the last bitch on this earth that I would want to have my seed. Alcohol was all on her breath when she was forming her lips to even tell me about the pregnancy."

"That's why you gotta watch these bitches man. All that 'I'm on birth control' shit is for the fuckin birds. You know Ma always said the woman is the one who determines when y'all gonna have kids. All it takes is for them to skip one of those damn pills or get off the shot and it's a wrap."

"Really, nigga? Tell me more." Ky had a sour ass look on his face.

"I'm just saying my nigga...while you over there looking all stressed out. If I didn't know no better I would say there's another person involved in this situation." Ky sighed and wiped his hand down his face.

The fact that Ky and Niecy have become close wasn't lost on me. It bothered me a little that Ky went ahead and pursued her anyway after my warning, but I could tell there were some genuine feelings there on his part and what was done was done, so I wasn't really trippin and hadn't brought it up.

"Something like that."

"Exactly like it. Did your ass forget I got a condo a few feet away from yours? I've seen Tone and Charlene's cars in the parking lot more than a few times." With me and Sha back together it had been a minute since I'd been at the condo but when I was staying there, Niecy had been there almost every night.

"So you're really feeling Niecy, huh?"

"Yeah. I am. It's been a minute since a female had me feeling like this and I ain't even smelled the pussy yet, but with all this shit Nautica got me in...I don't know."

"Nigga! I ain't trying to hear all that shit." I was serious when I said Niecy was like a little sister to me. "But let me find out Niecy got you on some other shit. If I don't know no better, I'd say you done fucked up and caught more than feelings."

Ky sticking around with a female who wasn't giving it up, just wasn't who my nigga was. It was obvious the two of them had something deeper going on. Especially if there was no sex happening.