Chapter 37 Rome Cont

"We gonna get J back, nigga. You know that shit right?" Ky broke into the silence after we were back inside Sha's Escalade.

"Yeah the fuck we are. I just don't know where the fuck to move next. Sha keeps calling and texting me asking me if I got anything yet and I don't know what the fuck to even tell her, nigga.

Man, this shits all fucked up. I knew some shit was about to happen. I fuckin knew it nigga! I said that shit to you."

" You did," Ky agreed.

" And I ignored that shit! Now J is God knows fuckin where and I don't know nigga! I don't fuckin know what the fuck to do!"

I wanted to shed more tears but that shit wouldn't do shit to get JJ back so I swallowed the urge.

"We gonna get him back is what the fuck we're gonna do! We ain't sleepin nigga. We got this. We gonna bring him home."

My phone started ringing, interrupting Ky's speech. The number was private, so you know I answered it with a quickness.

"Hello."

"You feeling a little better, Rome?" the distorted voice on the other end said.

They were definitely using some sort of voice changing device with how deep and off the voice sounded, so I knew they had to be calling about J.

"Who the fuck is this?" I growled into the phone. Ky kept asking for me to put it on speaker, so I did.

"Who I am isn't important. What I have, we both know is." After a few seconds pause, the voice added, "And you didn't answer my question Rome. Do you and Kyron feel like you accomplished something by letting a man rape another?"

"The fuck!" Ky said aloud while I thought it.

We both reached for our guns and knocked off the safety as we looked around the quiet neighborhood.

"But I'd say he deserved it either way," the voice chuckled slightly, making it take on a demonic like sound.

"Nigga, who the fuck are you and where is my son!"

Fuck this nigga! His taunting had me in fucking battle mode.

"In due time Rome....in due time....but back to what I was saying, I'm sure it felt good to get a little of that hostility out on the man that almost raped your wife. How far along is she now? About five months?"

"Nigga fuck you! You hiding behind a phone! You know where the fuck I'm at? Pull the fuck up nigga!"

"Chill, Rome.." Ky whispered in an urgent tone.

We had IT guys who could trace the call if we kept him on for at least thirty seconds and I knew he didn't want me to piss the nigga off and have him off the line before then.

The robot sounding deep voice laughed at my statement.

"Don't worry, Shawnee is safe, but JJ's time that is running out, Rome. I know the last thing you would want is for your son to die alone and afraid. So, I want to make a deal with you."

Taking a deep breath, I steadied my anger and replied, "What kind of deal?"

"Simple. Your life for JJ's."

"Mhmph. My life huh?"

"Yes. For your life, I will spare your son's."

To be real, a nigga was stuck for a minute but as I thought on it, I shook my head.

"You got it nigga. My son better not even have a fuckin scratch on his ass though."

"You are in no place to make threats, but your son is perfectly fine," the voice chuckled. "Tomorrow evening, 5:30 pm. At your warehouse. Don't be late."

"Na fuck that! I want my son"-

The phone call had ended, and I shook my head and chuckled under my breath when I saw the time on the call was 28 seconds.

"That nigga gone?" Ky asked me.

"Ha. Yeah." Wiping a hand down my face, I shook my head. "Twenty-eight motha fuckin seconds, nigga."

"Fuck!"

Ky had been hoping the same shit I had been.

"You know I'm riding with you nigga," Ky said after a moment of silence. "No matter what way this shit goes, I'm with you all the way on this shit. Ride or fuckin die."

"I know it."

This shit was hard as fuck for me to swallow. Me and Tone had just been talking about this shit and now more than before what he was saying was clicking like a motha fucka. With no question, I'd lay down my life for my son's. Shit, as long as my family is good, I didn't give a fuck about what happened to me, but I needed this shit to be a happy fuckin ending for Sha and our family. As of right now, I decided that if I end up on top of all this bull shit, I was fuckin done. Money nor clout was worth my family.