Chapter Fourteen

Beyoncé:

Jay, Mama Gloria, Shilo, Kelly and I had just dropped Shaq off on his first day at his new school. The only people who didn't cry their makeup off were Jay and Shaq because they were so nonchalant about it and they didn't even wear makeup. That was my baby-he was growing way too fast and it only felt like yesterday I was cradling him in my arms.

Now it was time for me and Jay to meet up with Eva. I hadn't seen or spoken to her since last Friday because I was barely at the club all weekend. To be honest I needed to see if she still wanted me to be manager of the club. I wouldn't mind if she said no because I could look for other business opportunities or ventures, but I wouldn't mind if she said she still wanted me to be manager because I was damn good at it.

Jay and I took separate cars but we arrived at the restaurant for breakfast. Our reservation was already set so a waitress took us up to the rooftop.

"This is a nice view. Got the whole of Brooklyn from here,"I looked around at the amazing scenery.

"For sure. Obviously I pick the best places,"Jay popped his collar and I kissed my teeth.

"You so damn cocky,"I pulled out my phone looking over the pictures from this morning.

"But you love it,"he bit his lip. I looked up from my iPhone 8 and glared at him. He looked extra wavy today but I couldn't go there again because that was the reason we were all here having a 'meeting'.

As I scrolled through my photo album I came across a picture of Shaq on his first day of kindergarten.

"Jay look at your child,"I showed him and his heart melted.

"He looks just like me. Thank God,"he looked up to the heavens and I shot him a bird.

"I have so many pictures of him. Imma airdrop them to you now,"I said going through my camera roll to see which ones I'd send.

"Well this look cosy and enjoyable,"Eva approached the table and sat between
Jay and I.

"We were just looking at Shaq's pics. It's his first day today,"I shot Jay looks wondering why he had to say all that. We were only here to discuss business, not my child.

"Oh,"her voice decreased. "Can I see?"her big brown eyes stared at me and I looked at Jay. He raised his eyebrows and I sighed clicking on a random photo from today. "Well y'all look like a family,"she gave me my phone back and my jaw dropped when I realised I'd clicked on the photo of us three. I honestly hadn't meant to show her that picture but I wasn't paying attention.

"Good morning. Are you guys ready to order?"a waiter arrived at our table.

"Uh Eva, would you like to order first?"Jay asked her.

"I'm still thinking,"she mumbled flipping through the menu. I rolled my eyes already tasting the cinnamon waffles in my mouth.

"I'll have a cappuccino with the cinnamon and honey pancakes.
Oh and the omelette too with onions, ham, salt, peppers and cheese. Bey will have the green tea with the cinnamon waffles, sausages and omelette too,"he ordered for me and I raised my eyebrows.

"Since when do you order for me?"I folded my arms.

"Since I knew you'd choose that fancy tea shit. Green tea, yellow tea, blue tea, you just like sipping,"he shrugged and I shook my head smiling.

"Well I'll have black coffee with the full English please,"Eva gave her menu to the waiter and he nodded.

"I'll be right back,"he left the table leaving Bey, Eva and I.