Chapter Twenty Nine

Beyoncé:

I applied my foundation as I rewatched Jay's interview. He actually covered a lot of topics about the hotel, club and all that shit but what caught my attention was when he discussed me and Shaq....and Eva.

"So there have been a few rumours flying around about your personal life. You don't really talk about your personal life, do you?"Angie questioned.

"That's 'cause he got two women fighting over him,"Charlamagne interrupted and they kissed their teeth.

"I ain't about to fight over Shawn Carter unless he put a ring on it. Not Beyoncé, sir,"I muttered to myself.

"You petty as hell,"Jay chuckled. "Ain't nobody fighting over me. I ain't that good looking, damn,"he laughed again. He looked fionee in the interview with his fresh fade and his clean white shirt. I never really found Jay ugly since the day I laid eyes on him; he always used to make jokes about him being ugly when we were younger but he was handsome to me.

"So what's the deal with these women?"

"I've got a special lady in my life, I do. I love her very much and I've messed up a little but it's all about winning her over for me,"he confirmed biting his lip. A part of me felt he was aiming it at me but it could've been Eva too because he was still with her ass. It was good that I was rewatching the interview because I had a lot of questions to ask at this dinner.

"Now everybody and their mama know that you have a son that you have with the ex-manager of Heat Beyoncé Knowles, but she's not your fiancée, right?"DJ Envy asked.

"I do have a nine year old son that's turning ten soon with Miss Knowles and that's my world. My boy,"he confirmed. Jay was a good father despite all the drama that was going on; Shaq was always his priority and that I was grateful for.

"He's so adorable, Jay. He's your spitting image as in, that's your twin right there,"Angie gushed over.

"Apparently she lied to you and you only found out like two months ago about him though,"Charlamagne inputted.

"Miss Knowles didn't lie to me,"he explained and I paused on my makeup to give my sole attention to what Jay was about to say. "There was a lot that happened when we were in high school. When I went to jail, things fell apart and we didn't find each other until two months ago. Miss Knowles is the best mother and I'm grateful that she's his mother. Personally, I wasn't in the right place when she got pregnant and if I was still around when my son was born then I would've fucked him up because I wasn't ready to be a father, father him right and support his mom. I'll always respect Miss Knowles for seeing that too because I've matured and grown and now I can be the dad my son deserves,"he explained and I stripped my eyes from my flat screen and pondered on what Jay said. He never said it to me like that and I didn't know he felt like that. He was right, but I doubted myself and felt that I was straining Shaq and Jay's relationship because of the problems we had.

"That makes sense and from a woman's point of view, I don't want the father of my child to physically be there but not actually be there to help and everything,"Angie agreed with him.

"Do you love her? I mean, that's your high school sweetheart and the mother of your child,"Envy folded his arms.

"I'll always love her because we have history. We have a past with lots of memories I can never forget. She'll always be the mother of my child as for that, she gave me my greatest gift,"I heard him answer and my heart melted. I wanted to stay away from Jay because we never ended up happy but at the same time I wanted him to wrap my arms around me.

"But aren't you even a little bit bitter about the fact that you didn't see your son for ten years? All the moments you missed out on because she took off?"Charlamagne leaned in.

"She's not perfect at all. Miss Knowles has some flaws about her but everybody's got flaws and her flaws are what attracted me to her in the first place. We fight, we argue, we've been like that forever but I'll always have her back and support her no matter what. Not only is she the mother of my child but she's my first in everything,"he nonchalantly shrugged his shoulders.

"That's so sweet. I need me a Jay,"Angie gushed. I fanned my eyes trying to stop myself from crying and messing my makeup up because what Jay said had me emotional. I pulled open a drawer from my black and gold vanity and picked up a burgundy ring case embroidered with gold thread. I opened it and the ring's diamonds blinded my eyes. It was a gorgeous, real silver jewelled ring with a 4ct fire-rose stone planted in the middle that softly sparkled with the spellbinding radiance of a million stars. I rarely wore the ring but I made sure to keep it close to me because it was a memory for me. I loved Jay with all my heart but all the underlying issues confused me and the situations we were both in made it seem impossible for us.

"I can't believe you still have the ring,"I jumped and my head shut up to see Jay leaning against the doorway. I quickly sniffed checking my makeup, especially under my eyes.

"It's a beautiful ring,"I weakly smiled tracing my finger along the stones. "How long have you been there?"

"Not long. I was calling your phone and you didn't pick up so I called Shaq and he let me in,"he walked into my room looking at himself on my 50 inch tv.

"Your interview was...a lot,"I looked at him and he looked closer at me.

"What's wrong? You been crying?"he frowned and knelt down to my level as I was still sitting down.

"I'm fine,"I giggled checking my makeup in my mirror. "Your interview just had me emotional, that's it,"I shrugged it off.

"You wanna talk about it?"he checked.

"Let's go first because we still need to drop Shaq off at your mom's,"I stood up and fixed my jacket. I bought this product that hid my baby bump because I wasn't ready to hear a whole load of questions again.