Chapter Thirty Eight

Jay

I made my way around the 'buffet' as we all went around the kitchen to collect food for our plates. My mom, Mama Tina and Ms Stephanie had cooked up a storm and this definitely had to be the biggest thanksgiving I'd ever been to.

I eyed my brother Sammy and Beyoncé as they continued to talk. I'd watched them ever since Bey got here and they'd been holding their conversation for quite a well. She barely looked at me throughout the afternoon and I was curious to know what they were saying. Sammy was Bey's favourite between Sammy and Shane and she looked up to him as a big brother but at the same time there was something going on. I wasn't saying that they were having an affair or something because they would never, but both of them knew something that I didn't and I wanted to find out.

"Shawn! Watch where you're going!"I bumped into Eva. "What's wrong?"she stroked my face with a smile.

"Nothing, just looking for space to sit down,"I covered up. Time was running out for me to break up with her because the wedding was in two weeks but every time I thought I had a chance, her family would get in the way and spoil things.

"I saved you a seat over there near Shaquille. I can't have the man of the house standing and eating,"she stroked my arm.

"Thanks,"I rubbed her back and went to go sit down. Shaq was already stuffing his face and I chuckled because he was a damn foodie.

"Aliya, you know what they talking about?"I asked my sister-in-law.

"I don't know but it must be a deep conversation,"she laughed wiping her mouth.

"You're looking a little jealous over there little bro, what's the problem?"Sammy smirked and I shrugged.

"Nothing,"I cleared my throat. The suspension was killing me because all I wanted to know was what they were saying.

"Can anyone believe the wedding is in two weeks? The Carters and Culhanes are gonna be joined forever,"Esther caught everyone's attention. All of Bey's family and my immediate family looked at me stunned because they knew what had been going down between me and Bey.

"I wouldn't say forever,"Kelly cleared her throat.

"Meaning?"Esther raised her eyebrows.

"Nothing lasts forever. Right sis?"Kelly looked at Solange.

"Right,"she clicked her fingers.

"Well I believe some relationships do last forever, especially when there's no meddling from third parties,"her eyes darted to Beyoncé.

"Esther, it's thanksgiving,"Eva shook her head.

"Relationships tend to last 'forever' when there's no doubt. If there's no doubt then no third parties like you said will be able to come in between the people in the relationship,"Sammy bit into his chicken looking at me. I should've known that they were talking about me and Bey because Bey confided in him a lot.

"Well I believe we're staying together forever. I can feel it inside me,"Eva flipped her hair massaging my shoulders.

"Girl that ain't what you feeling,"Solange and Shilo sipped their imaginary tea.

"It's getting a little warm in here. Excuse me,"Beyoncé excused herself standing up and walking out.

"Beyoncé? What's wrong honey?"Mama Tina asked her.

"It's alright, I'll go check on her,"I followed her upstairs where she went.

I walked behind her as she walked to the balcony.