Chapter Thirty Nine

Beyoncé

Today was finally the day I'd been waiting for for months on end. My line was launching and I couldn't wait for what the future held for me and my new brand. I'd worked hard; sweat blood and tears, stayed up for nights on end and basically sacrificed myself to making today happen. I was proud of myself and to make things better I had my family around me to support me on my special day.

Yesterday was crazy. It was definitely the most dramatic thanksgiving I'd ever celebrated in my life. It was hard staying away from Jay- so hard that I nearly gave in and had sex with him under his fiancée's nose- but I had to stay strong and stick to my word. Eventually I'd find someone that would make me feel even half of what Jay made me feel but I couldn't have him and for as long as he was with Eva then he couldn't have me. She almost caught us! That was to show that we weren't meant to be doing this and we had to keep our distance.

My launch party was still at the hotel as Jay insisted on helping me out so I booked a room without Jay knowing or else he'd show up and we'd probably end up having sex for real.

It was fifteen minutes to me making my entrance as people were already downstairs at the function room. I needed some time to recollect myself because I wanted everything to run as smoothly and as perfect as humanly possible. I sat in front of the vanity mirror and looked closely at my baby bump. I could feel the baby growing inside of me by the day but one other thing that was growing at the same rate was the secret that came with the baby. Only five people knew and none of them included the father. It was getting hard for me to hide my bump because I was three months but I could still squeeze in a few more weeks before I was really starting to show.

"You mean so much to me,"I whispered to my baby as I touched my stomach

"You mean so much to me,"I whispered to my baby as I touched my stomach. "I love you baby, and I promise I'm going to fix this before you get here."

A knock sounded on the door and I called out to it.

"It's room service!"

"Come in!"I gave permission. I heard footsteps and expected the cleaner to come in but I was shocked to see Jay. "How did you know I was here?"I spun my head around.

"Did you really believe I wouldn't find out that you're here? I saw your name on the system and I know you wouldn't want New York traffic to make you late to your own party. I paid for your accommodation so your money will be transferred to your account,"he walked into my room and I rolled my eyes.

"You can wait downstairs, I won't be long,"I turned back around putting my earrings in.

"Why? We can finish what we started yesterday,"he hovered over me.

"You mean before your fiancée knocked on the door? I think I'll pass,"I giggled shaking my head.

"You'll 'pass' until we're inches away from each other and we can't 'wear' our feelings off like you said,"he confidently smirked.