••• 9. Memories •••

I got lost in my thoughts.

It's Jaime's birthday soon. We should do something special.

When will Jaime get a boyfriend or girlfriend?

I wanna look decent for his birthday. Let's hope I don't look too beat up.

Is Mike still mad at me? Hell, I'm still mad at me.

What should I pack for the tour? I will need a bunch of shoes.  That's for sure.

I hope I don't have to speak any other language then English.

What should I get for the kids when I'm out on tour.

I wonder if Mike will let me use some of his suitcase... I hope so..

My thoughts got interrupted by someone knocking on the door "Chester? You in there?" It was Mike. "Yeah. Come in." I said. I was still in the shower. Mike entered the bathroom. I turned of the shower and wrapped a towel around my waist.

"God Ches.. what happened?" He looked at me, sad. "My brother... decided to stop by." I mumbled. I couldn't see what I looked like because the mirror was foggy. "Y-your brother..". I nodded. "Oh god." Mike helped me take care of the wounds and we went downstairs after. Nothing bruised... only on my body. He didn't hit my face often. I looked pretty decent again. The scar on my cheek was fading, The wounds on my forehead were healing up really nicely. I'll be okay.

Mike's PoV 30 minutes before.

I walked into the house with groceries and saw Jaime cleaning the hallway. He was washing something red away. Please don't tell me it's blood.

"Jaime?" I asked. Jaime shot up and looked at me with a stressed and shocked look "Oh! Uhm! Dad! Hi! Heh. You're home early.". I squinted my eyes at Jaime and raised an eyebrow "What happened Jaime?" "I don't know.... Dad told me to send you upstairs... to your bathroom."

So I went upstairs and knocked on the door.

Present.

Chester was cooking and singing at the same time. Not caring that everyone was in the kitchen. He sang along to the song that was playing.

"Don't wanna reach for me, do you?
I mean nothing to you
The little things give you away

And now there will be no mistaking
The levees are breaking

All you've ever wanted
Was someone to truly look up to you
And six feet under water
I do

Hope decays
Generations disappear
Washed away
As a nation simply stares

Don't wanna reach for me, do you?
I mean nothing to you
The little things give you away

But now there will be no mistaking
The levees are breaking

All you've ever wanted
Was someone to truly look up to you
And six feet under water
I do

All you've ever wanted
Was someone to truly look up to you
And six feet under ground now I—
Now I do."

Everyone always loved it when Chester would randomly sing. He did it a lot. The house would be more quiet without Chester. Way more.

The kids started Cheering. Chester laughed.

Jaime got a text "dad? Can Malia come over for dinner?" He asked. Chester turned around and had a huge smile on his face "who's Malia?!" He asked over excited. "Dad please don't embarrass me." Jaime face palmed. I mouthed to Chester "it's his girlfriend." Chester's face lit up "Jaime! You have A girlfriend?! Yeaaah!" Chester jumped around the room. "Mikey! Mikey! Mikey! I'm so happy! Of course she can come over!" Jaime just nodded and went back to his phone.

Jaime texting:

Malia: hey, my sister is being overly dramatic again and I miss you, can I come over?

Me: yeah. But uh.. one of my dads is over exited so, don't mind him..

Malia: hahah is it Mike?

Me: No the other.

Malia: I can't wait to meet him! See you in a few minutes, love you xx

Me: bye, love you too.

Chester's PoV.

He's got a girlfriend! Yay! I'm so exited! She's coming over tonight! I wonder if she's nice.

The doorbell rang and My smile went bright again. "Jaime, please get the door."

"Dad please do not embarrass me.." Jaime said. I nodded. Yeaahh, I'm way too excited not to.

He let the girl in. Jaime quickly kissed her and I nearly screamed like a crazy fan girl.

They walked into the kitchen and the girl first greeted Mike "hi Mr. Shinoda. How are you today." Mike smiled at her "hey Malia. I'm okay, how are you?" "I'm good, thanks." "Oh and, please just Call me Mike." She nodded and walked towards me.

She shook my hand "hello. You must be Mr. Bennington. My name is Malia. It's so good to meet you." "Hi! It's great to meet you too! Call me Chester by the way." I excitedly shook her hand. Lila, Otis and Draven ran back into the kitchen and yelled "ooeeeeh Jaime has a girlfriend.". Lila started singing "Jaime has a girlfriend! Jaime has a girlfriend! Daddy come on! Sing with me."

I picked Lila up and sang with her. Jaime's face turned red. Malia laughed, in a good way. She playfully hit Jaime "oh come on that's so cute.". Jaime awkwardly laughed "y-yeah."

We had dinner and I talked to Malia a lot, she was a nice girl.

"You know... I actually have some cute pictures of Jaime as a kid." I grinned at Jaime. Jaime whispered to me "dad... dad no.." "oh my god! I bet he was so cute." Malia smiled. "Follow me." I said. Jaime ran after us.

"So, this was Jaime when he turned 6, we got him a cake and well, he fell on it." I laughed. Malia laughed along "that's so adorable.". Jaime found out that it wasn't that embarrassing. They were just happy memories.

I got to a page and a smile crossed my face "this was the first time Jaime wanted to sing with me. We sung 'in my remains' he killed it. I was so proud. Then Mike had to break it up because we woke up Lila." We laughed.

Malia turned to Jaime "wait? You can sing?" "Yeah.. kinda.." Jaime said, he seemed so insecure. I smiled at Jaime "he can sing beautifully.". "But you can do it better." Jaime said. "How long have I been singing?". "Dad showed me a video of when you were 17. You had ridiculous hair by the way, Bleached spikes? Red mohawk?" I chuckled and playfully hit his head "it was cool back then! And I liked the bleached hair... I should bring it back.". Mike yelled from the kitchen "please do!" I laughed "then you bring back the red spikes!" "Hell no!"

Malia and Jaime laughed along.