••• 26. Erase all the pain •••

I woke up somewhere else then the hotel.. where was I? I quickly noticed that I was on the tourbus, but how did I get here? Dave must've picked me up or something. Oh well. I got up and walked towards the small table that we usually sat at, It had a small couch across it and I sat down there. After a while of staring and thinking, I noticed something moving next to me, coming closer to me, squishing me between them and the couch. It was Joe.

Joe held up his phone for me to see it, then he unlocked it, went to Youtube and....

"A potato flew around my room before you came.."

He was showing me vines.

"Hurricane Katrina? More like hurricane tortilla.."

"How do you know what's good for me? That's my opinion!!"

"It is Wednesday my dudes. Aaaaaahhhhh!!"

I smiled at the screen and at Joe. He was trying to cheer me up and it was pretty funny. However, I can't just watch vines all day for the rest of my life. Joe looked at me with a 'polite cat meme' like expression. I swung my arm around his shoulder and hugged him, thanking him for trying to make me feel better. But I don't know if anything can.. "thanks Joe." I said. Joe smiled at me "no problem chaz."

I sighed and tried to fall asleep. I was as tired as I always was in high school again. Mike once told me that it was because I was exhausting myself with my thoughts. Maybe he was right. I just thought I was a generally tired person, but I was very energetic and active past years. I was sitting on the couch with my eyes closed, my arms folded and I leaned my head backwards as I drifted to sleep.

Mike's PoV

I watched as Chester was first stuck in his thoughts and then fell asleep. Whilst sleeping, a tear escaped his eye. He's even crying in his sleep. I drank my coffee and looked out of the bus window. I had earbuds in my ears and listened to 'one million ways' by Icon for hire, well, Ariel Bloomer. The song was rejected to be on the album but she did a version of it on her YouTube channel.

"Hurt people hurt people They say, you must be in a lot of pain, to be hurting everyone around you, this way. Nobody, nobody ever showed you the way, you had to make your own mistakes and I'm left, picking up the mess that you made.

And I wish, I could take you inside and you could see the damage, firsthand.

Firsthand.

I've got one million ways to make you pay, to make you feel like you're to blame and you are, we both know you are, just hurt.

Hurt people hurt people I know. I can't blame everything on you. You did what you learned to do, from someone who's just as hurt as you. I know, you did the best you knew to do. And I know, I wanna do better, be better then you.

But I wish. I could take you inside, so you could see the damage firsthand, firsthand.

I've got one million ways to make you pay, to make you feel like you're to blame and you are, we both know you are,

And all I wanna do is run from you, I tell myself you're hurting too and you are, we both know you are.

This isn't what you wanted but you've gotta live with what you've done. I know you learned your lesson right, and I won't make you learn it twice.

The ones we love the most, we hurt the most...."

The ones we love the most, we hurt the most... A tear decorated my cheek.

Next song that played was 'shadow of the day'

"I close both locks below the window.

I close both blinds and turn away.

Sometimes beginnings aren't so simple, sometimes goodbye's the only way.

And the sun will set for you..."

I paused the music. I couldn't hear this now. I need Chester to let me explain what happened. And I want him to forgive me, but he probably had enough. Who can blame him? First I was a bitch, then this. But it wasn't my fault. I had to. I fucking had to. What would've happened if I didn't? Would she really shoot Chester? She'd be fucking sick in her head if she would.

I glanced at Chester again, he had woken up again. Dave was trying to cheer him up and talk to him but Chester faked a smile, Making Dave believe he meant it. But I've seen that smile a lot, that's a smile of Chester caring much about others so he hides his own sadness. To make the others happy.

Just then the lyric played.

"This is the last time, I'll fake a smile for the sake of being with you..

Everything falls apart even the people who never frown eventually break down.

The sacrifice of hiding in a lie.

Everything has to end. You'll soon find we're out of time to watch it all unwind..."

Dave pulled my earbuds from my ears, he must've tried to talk to me for a while but I probably didn't hear him.

"Mike." He said.

"Yeah.."

"Might wanna explain what happened, to everyone."

I nodded and spoke up, I explained everything that happened the day before.

Joe sighed in disbelief and walked to the bunks, Where Chester was. Chester didn't listen to my story, He walked away and He won't believe me, He then came back in the room, With earbuds in his ears. Brad looked like he didn't know what to think. Rob placed his hands in his head and leaned on the table, sighing heavily. Dave leaned against a small counter with folded arms and looked at me... sympathetically but at the same time unforgiving.

How I wanted to run over to Chester and hug him and tell him it's all okay and that I love him. Just the sight of him, sad eyes but still smiling at Joe, who gave him a glass of water. Eyes red, glossy and tear stained, but he smiled at Joe anyways.

"Ches..." I whispered. Chester looked at me for a second as his smile faded again. "Chester..." I whispered slightly louder. Dave mouthed to me "Stop. Don't."

I listened to Dave and stopped trying. What's the point? Chester looked at me for a while and took a deep shaky breath.

"I don't think I can forgive you."