.18.

The day I got a replacement in Haechan's class looked completely different in my head than it actually appeared to be. I planned spontaneously to speak to the class, hand out a fragment of the novel for analysis and a card with questions and exercises to the text, then sit behind the desk and brazenly look at my gorgeus boyfriend, who took the last bench by the window. I was not at all ready for what happened to me. And it was a strongly feminine, flashy class that met me and attacked me with a hail of questions definitely much beyond the syllabus or any existing curriculum.

Where was I when I was gone? 

What did I do in my free time? 

How did I spend Christmas break?

Questions about private life, about which these girls seemed to know more than I did. Madness. I sent a panicked look to Donghyuck, who actually was enjoying his time the best of all the people that gathered here. I dug this grave for myself with this replacement. I wasn't able to defend myself at all.

"I spent all my free time in Canada,"  explained slowly, plopping down with my cheek on the edge of the desk. I assumed that until I won't resolve at least some of their doubts, they would not let me do classes properly how I wanted first. "I rested and tried to catch up my family life. What probably each of you did this year. Nothing spectacular, so more interesting thing to do right now will be reading the text that I gave you. This is a very nice prose, that's why ... "

"Are you taken, Mr. Lee?" the student asked. The rest giggled. I'll nut up today, I supose... "Please, don't be ashamed, we won't tell anyone", she assured in a pseudo- innocent voice so the laughter of the rest of the class was repeated again.

"Yes..." I murmured. "I am taken but these are private matters, so I am begging you..."

But this was the end of me.

"Do you have children?"

"That young!"

"But how... - taken?"

"I don't see the wedding ring."

"They live without a wedding?"

"There isn't a carriage which can't be detached."

"She's probably from Canada too."

"Silence!" The tutor roared, somehow breaking through the clutter that convinced me that being gay was the best thing that happened to me in my life. God forbid, I would have such a hustle and bustle every day. "Shame on you, girls! I swear to god, what a disgrace! Are you still proud of such behaviour?" He asked, scowling at them. He must have been fucked with them. I felt pity for him. "Mr. Lee is as a replacement just for one day and you, as usual, show the worst possible side of your class!" He hissed. "I leave the door open and if I hear at least one question unrelated to the subject of the class, everyone will get a penalty without any exceptions," he threatened, eyeing the charges ranting and raving. I gave him a look of gratitude but in exchange I received a non-verbal message that I sucked with a lack of pedagogical approach to youth. I dropped my gaze and the teacher left the room, leaving the door open behind him just as he promised.

"Sorry, Mr. Lee," a few students whispered and I just nodded in acceptance of their repentance. All in all it seemed to me that every person in this room is on the educator's shitlist now.

"Let's take care of the text," I asked as I sat behind the desk.

I waited impatiently for the class to be completely empty to quickly take my stuff and enjoy my break free from humiliation threat. It was mentally devastating experience for me and I was hoping that similar opportunity won't happen again.