.39.

"Did she thank you at least?"

"You know she isn't able to thank for anything. She deserves everything."

I was awakened by voices and the rustle of shopping bags. First more subdued, then pretty clear. I sighed loudly, rising gently on my shoulder to look at Donghyuck asleep. I smiled under my breath, leaning slowly so as not to wake him up and kissed the boy gently on the lips.

"At least one of our children has turned the corner," the uncle said cheerfully. I heard from the distance the sound of the fridge opening.

"That's true..." aunt agreed, though much less enthusiastically. "If he won't screw something up again, it will be a huge success," she added much quieter, fully aware that today we slept with Hyuck in the living room. "I'm surprised that Donghyuck has so much patience," she admitted honestly.

"Aren't you too harsh for him?"

"Thomas..." my aunt began with a warning tone.

"Claire... everyone makes mistakes," uncle said diplomatically, which only made his wife more angry.

"Don't you think Mark is making them a little too much lately?" she murmured furiously, lowering her tone again. "I'm afraid that this kid won't endure it and will just leave him," she said and I could even see with my eyes an accusing finger pointing at us. I lay down carefully on Hyuck's chest, who sighed lingeringly in his sleep. "Nobody is made of steel."

"He suggested you something when you were talking about all of this?" uncle was very surprised. However, I wasn't surprised at all. Such a scenario was very likely.

"Hell, no" The woman seemed genuinely surprised. "He only said he was hurt but he understands Mark in his own way. Which is really fascinating because even I can't understand this fucked up situation," she admitted freely. "Don't look at me like that, Thomas, you know I'm right. After so many lies, your suitcases would have stood in the driveway for a long time now and you just right next to them and the divorce lawsuit nailed to your forehead," she recited nervously. She was a born choleric. I listened to the calm rhythm of Donghyuck's heartbeat, trying not to think about how unpleasant the words of a woman are to me and how much it hurt me.

"I think you are too harsh in your assessment anyway," my uncle insisted on staying by my side, although he was the last person I expected. He was the first to give me up on withdrawal. He gave up everything under the weight of obtrusive thoughts that he had failed completely in the field of pedagogic.

"Because I'm worried" my aunt finally whispered much softer.

"About what?"

"That he'll fuck up his life again," she explained moody.

"He won't fuck up anything, have at leats a little faith in him" I heard the rustle of clothes and realized that my strong aunt found comfort in her husband's arms. "He now has Hyuck by his side, Claire... He has everything he wanted so badly," my uncle assured warmly causing a long held tear ran down my nose.

"And he is on the last straight to lose it" the woman adamantly insisted on her view. There was a long silence. "You heard what was happening back then," she finally said, with strong terror, as if she were afraid to call out that day aloud.

"I heard" the uncle sighed heavily, unable to compel himself with any optimism in this matter.

"I already thought it was over then..."

"I think everyone thought so," uncle Thomas at this moment expressed the thoughts of all the guests, including me. "But this is only proof that they are stronger than anyone else, honey. It's a good sign," he assured with a positive accent.