.35.

For a bachelor party, Erik chose one of the worst clubs he could choose. The worst for me because I knew three quarters of the squad here and the regulars from time to time just nodded at me with astonishment that I was still alive. Usually it was already assumed like that if someone suddenly disappeared from the surface of the earth - it was assumed that he overdosed and died somewhere under the fence without noise and fireworks. He died just like an average junkie. And nobody cared.

Lucas most of the time drilled a hole in my stomach with a reproachful look and thought about how to destroy my life. I guessed that living with me and Donghyuck under one roof must be tiring for his ego but I didn't think that to that extent.

Johnny, in turn, had a great time, being totally in his element. Alcohol, old friends and chicks on poles twisting their asses. That was it. Donghyuck probably had no illusions and knew perfectly well that he was sending me to the lion's mouth without any support. It cost him a lot to trust me and it cost me a lot not to forfeit this trust.

Dealers were everywhere with their slappers looking for opportunities to palm few hits off onto some desperate. Narcotic music dulled the senses and combined with a smoky room illuminated in red, created an incredibly delirious atmosphere. I tossed a glass of whiskey wih coke back at once, signaling the bartender to pour it again. I felt that I couldn't survive this evening without alcohol. If I had known earlier that it was here that Erik was planning to do a bachelor party, I'd rather stay at home with Donghyuck and watch melodramas the whole evening.

"Slow down," Johnny said, squeezing my arm tightly.

"I'd love to" I sighed heavily, stretching my tense neck. Johnny, despite his very party lifestyle, had no contact with hard drugs in his life. From time to time he served himself a joint but his adventure with drugs ended there. He didn't know what I was going through while sitting here.

"You know that if I have to, I'll report you to Hyuck," he threatened with a very serious expression on his face. I eyeballed him for a longer moment, then nodded. I knew it perfectly. Only this kind of threat kept me in check. "That's good" patted me firmly on the shoulder to cheer me up. "Just say a word and I'll put you in a taxi and send you home," he offered. "You know you don't have to sit here."

"It would just suck to go out in the middle of the party," I noticed, drinking my second round at once.

"Better than to suffer death at the hands of your boyfriend for getting drunk as a skunk" Johnny laughed under his breath, clearly reminding himself that Dohnghyuck also had his dark side.

"You have a point here," I murmured, thinking about the reason why I decided to accept Erik's invitation. We weren't close, we almost didn't know each other. After a long battle with myself, I had to admit that I wanted to be here. It's been tingling me subconsciously since I saw Megan at the Vancouver Airport. Every day it tingled more and more. I just needed an excuse. I couldn't go out to the club just like that one night. Neither aunt nor Donghyuck would let this happen. Meanwhile, Erik appeared with his proposal that I couldn't refuse. There was no more perfect excuse than the bachelor party of my stepsister's fiancé who I hate. On the unconscious level of my own psyche, I was looking for an opportunity to break free. To break free and do what I should not. "Fuck" I cursed under my breath. My own drug addicted mind trickled me so badly. And to realize this I needed a few drinks with high percentage alcohol. After a two-year break in using it to plotting and welching my uncle and aunt, I completely forgot how it was able to ruin my strong will insidiously.

"What's going on?" Johnny asked, not quite understanding what kind of battle was in my head right now.

"I have to go to the toilet," I announced, feeling that I was weak. I had to fuck off here as soon as possible.