TWO

|02

|02.| A LITTLE

THE TWO GIRLS AND ELIJAH GO INSIDE A LARGE MANSION, more like a sanctuary from years ago when the Mikaelson family used to own the city. Cora walks inside a room with a bunch of furniture that has sheets and dust over them. She pulls one of them off, revealing a crib and she coughs frantically from the amounts of dust.

"Are you alright?" Elijah walks inside with Hayley beside him.

"Yea, just dust," Cora waves her hand in front of her face to wave away the dust. "This place is ancient."

"Yes, it should serve our purposes. It's a sanctuary from our business in the Quarter. Right now, you are the most important person in this family," Elijah looks at Cora and she looks down shyly. "You need a good home. So I'm curious—in all this time, has anyone asked you how you feel?"

"About having a miracle baby with the infamous original hybrid?" Cora raises her eyebrow and Elijah slightly chuckles.

"About being a mother."

Cora is caught off guard from the question. In her whole lifetime, she never felt the love and protection from her mother, not even her own father. The only people who truly loved her and kept her safe was Damon and Stefan. Their mother never gave her the time of day and would spoil the boys, singling Cora out while their father was harsh on all three of them.

"I, uh, never felt the kind of motherly love a child would normally get from a mother. So I don't really know how I feel about being a mother because I—I never really had a good one to begin with," Cora looks away from the two and Hayley looks at her friend sadly, understanding her situation.

"I will always protect you. You have my word on that," Elijah nods his head at the girl.

The Salvatore slowly looks at him, slightly smiling at his words knowing when he promises something he usually keeps them. Walking inside the room appears Klaus with a grin plastered on his face.

"And noble Elijah always keeps his word," Klaus means agains the doorframe with his arms crossed.

"Is it done?" Elijah asks his brother who had left to make things right with Marcel so that he's on his good side.

"As a matter of fact, yes. Your underhanded deal worked quite well," Klaus nods. "Marcel was only too happy to accept my blood even as he accepted my heartfelt apologies. His man, Thierry, yet lives and I remain a welcome guest in the French Quarter. My only concern now is this coven of impudent witches."

"I believe them to be honorable. They did release Cora to me. Although, they haven't been entirely forthcoming," Elijah slowly walks towards Klaus. "Marcel obviously has something that they need. They don't want him dead. There must be a reason why."