NINE

|09

|09.| I HAVE QUESTIONS

WITH THE HYBRID ABANDONING HIS BROTHER AND BABY MAMA, Cora's patience with the hybrid slowly diminishes, but not all of it since she blames herself for driving him away. In the shack out in the Bayou, Elijah lies on the bed tossing and turning, looking awfully miserable. Cora walks over to him with a cup of water and sits at his bed side.

"Here, drink this," Cora hands him the cup and he weakly takes it.

He drinks the cup she offers, but immediately gags, throwing the water up onto the side. Cora moves back to stay clear and she sighs, hate seeing him in such pain.

"Forgive me. Please," Elijah sighs as he lays back in place.

"It's okay," Cora stands up and removes her sweater as it begins to rise in temperature. "Remind me to annihilate your brother once you're healthy. "

"Yes, remind me to remind you to get in line," Elijah adjusts his laying position.

"It doesn't help that we decided to stay in a swamp either," Cora sighs and walks out the door getting fresh air, looking out to see no one around.

She sighs in defeat since she hoped that Hayley would find her way to the encampment to help them. Elijah begins to cough again, Cora looks back and runs back inside to his side.

"Are you okay?" Cora asks worriedly and Elijah slightly nods.

"I'm fine. Please, just... return to your reading," Elijah insists.

"I went through the whole thing. It's just a regular Bible... With an entry in a family tree that may or may not be me or Hayley," Cora looks at the Bible and back at Elijah. "But, you know, I've been a little busy worrying about you."

"Cora, please. This fever will make me unstable. And once the hallucinations begin, I'll start to see things," Elijah looks up at her. "You must leave me here."

"I'm not leaving you like this," Cora sits next to him and grabs ahold of his hand comfortingly.

Elijah sighs and slowly closes his eyes, giving her hand a slight squeeze. The pregnant wolf grabs a cloth she found long before, using it to wipe away the sweat by dampening it. She sets it down and moves the bit of hair from his forehead to the side, hoping someone will come conveniently with Klaus's blood.

In the Mikaelson mansion, Hayley sits on the staircase irritated at the fact Klaus is not going to help Elijah until he has learned his 'lesson' and leave Cora there to care for him. She sighs and stands up, getting tired of listening to the hybrid ranting about his brother and sister. She walks out to the backyard, sitting on the patio and taking a breather. Her eyes close momentarily until leaves rustling causes them to shoot open. She stands on alert, searching the perimeter until someone covers her mouth. Hayley begins to muffle a scream, trying to get out of their hold but their voice sounds familiar.