TWELVE

|12

|12.| NOT SO COMPLETE

"You did what?"

After Cora had discovered the new evil that may cause a problem for everyone if not in the witch faction then all of New Orleans. Hayley and Jason sit in her room as the pregnant girl paces back and forth anxiously, knowing what she did is horrible and wished she never did such a thing to a person like Elijah.

"I know, it was stupid a-and I thought I was doing the right thing for our people but then it sunk in that I'm betraying the one person in the family who fought for me," Cora begins to panic and she shakes her head frantically.

"Just calm down for a minute," Jason stands up and places his hands on her arms. "We know Elijah as the noble one and although he may be Klaus's brother, I'm sure he can forgive you if you're just honest with him."

"Come on. Elijah plans on telling us if Celeste is an actual enemy to us all," Hayley holds her hand out for Cora.

The girl sighs sadly and nods, taking her friend's hand and walking out to head into the bar room. They take a seat as Elijah prepares a book he plans on explaining to the girls so that they understand the facts of where he's going with it about Celeste.

"The Italians call them strega. The Yoruba of West Africa call them aje, meaning mother. Where my mother was from, they called them häxa, and here we call them witch. Over the centuries, vampires have fought them and fought beside them, bedded them and burned them. Whether adversary or ally, they have been a force to be reckoned with. Their ancestral magic anchors this city. There's never been one all-powerful witch until Davina," Elijah explains and looks up to see his brother walk in.

"Who is now tucked in safe and sound down the hall under my protection," Klaus looks down at the table where the drawings of Celeste is. "Your Celeste was quite beautiful and a portent of evil, according to our volatile artist in residence."

"Yes. Perhaps Davina's mistaken what she calls evil for power. Celeste was certainly very powerful in her day, but she's been dead for over two hundred years. I don't understand. Why all these sketches now?" Elijah questions.

"Why does any witch do anything?"

Upstairs in Davina's room, Ricky sits with Davina who he considers like a sister to him and softly rubs her back since he is one of the only people she trusts at the moment. Marcel walks inside the room with a tray of food for Davina and she notices his arrival. Davina screams and uses her magic to telekinetically throw him at the wall and he gets up, looking at her.

"Go away!" Davina yells and Ricky gives her a look.

"Come on. You got to be starving. You haven't eaten since—"

"Since your best friend killed my best friend?" Davina hastily questions.

"Davina, I'm sorry about what happened to this kid Tim," Marcel says softly.