TWENTY-SIX

|26

|26.| THANK YOU

SOMEWHERE DEEP IN THE COUNTRYSIDE Klaus, Mary and Susie has arrived to Davina's family cabin where she is knocked cold with another witch that goes by the name Kaleb who only tends to her. It took the witches and hybrid awhile to arrive at the cabin because they took a pit stop at a bar where Klaus had explained every single detail about his mother to Mary. She's not a professional therapist of any sort, but she does have an understanding of what he's going through and why he needs to kill his parents.

Mary and Klaus stand outside of the cabin; the hybrid wanting to go inside while he held the very thing that can kill him and the witch watching over. Inside of the cabin where their safe is an unconscious Davina, a nursing Kaleb and Susie helping the poor witch.

"We should get her to a hospital," Susie says as she helps prop the girl up.

Kaleb notices Klaus standing in the doorway and addresses him as though they are strangers, though he doesn't completely conceal his true identity. Neither of the three know of his hidden identity.

"Oh. Hello, darling. Back to huff and puff and blow the house down?" Kaleb asks the hybrid.

"You know, it's funny how often a person's sharp tongue can end up cutting their own throat," Klaus says unamused of his words.

"Klaus, he's just a kid. Give him a break," Mary sighs in frustration and crosses her arms.

"Yeah, she's right. You know, you may want to try a bit of lavender under your pillow. Does wonders for stuck-up pillocks with anger issues."

"Shut up!" Both Susie and Mary says to the witch.

"I promised not to kill Davina. I said nothing of this insolent sod," Klaus glares at the kid while Kaleb smirks.

"Klaus, come on." Mary pulls him to the side and the hybrid remains staring at the kid suspiciously. "A minute ago, you had the opportunity to kill your father with this thing, and you didn't. You're not going to kill this kid with it, either. Cora wouldn't allow you to do it."

Klaus inhales at the mention of Cora and he knows that she would be very much disappointed in him. He glances inside of the cabin where Susie and Kaleb still tended to Davina. "Fine."

"Thank you." Klaus reluctantly hands her the white oak stake, along with the keys to the SUV.

"Go get the car. We'll take her to hospital." Mary smiles at him before she leaves.

Klaus walks back into the cabin, looking as though he's come to a realization, and addresses Kaleb while he continues to check on Davina and before he sends Susie off.

"Your sister is getting the car. I suggest to go with her," Klaus nods his head towards the direction of the car. Susie nods and stands up, walking out to meet with her sister. The hybrid is then left to talk with Kaleb. "You've got a way with words."