TWENTY-FIVE

|25

|25.| SAME FIGHT

MARY HAD STAYED WITH HER SISTER at home overnight since she's worried that Susie would run off again risking her life, and she won't let that happen. While the heretic is away from the compound, Cora watches over the Crescent wolves she brought along with her and talks to some of them. Suddenly walking inside, Elijah looks around ignoring the fact that the wolves are there.

"Niklaus!" Elijah shouts for his brother and Cora shakes her head, walking towards him.

"You do realize that literally everyone in here has supernatural hearing, right?"

"Where is my brother?"

"Hold on, let me check his calendar....wait, no. Not his wife," Cora shrugs, annoyed with the Original already.

"Cora, this city is under siege by an army of beasts following my deranged mother's every command," Elijah grows frustrated with the tribrid. "Now, considering it was your people who just declared war on my kind, now's not the best time for your particular brand of sass."

"Klaus left a while ago. If you want to find him, we can't help you," Hayley walks over to the two before Cora's sass ends up being the very thing that will kill her. "If only there was a magical device that people used to call people? I don't know, I'm out of ideas. Good luck."

Hayley nudges Cora's arm and turns back around to return to the wolves she was congregated with before Elijah arrived. The tribrid remains standing where she is and looks at the Original.

"One more thing, Elijah—those "beasts" that you're referring to? They may be under Esther's control, but, like you said, they're my people. So, if you hurt them, your bitch mother will be the least of your problems."

The wolf turns away and leaves the man standing there, looking at her unhappily. He knows his relationship with Hayley is a bit complicated at the moment, but he doesn't want to be on Cora's bad side since she needs all the support that she can get . Frustrating her is not such a good idea, the noble man thought to himself.

On the streets of Nola, a party still rages with people cheering and dancing around to the music being played. Susie walks out of Rousseau's with Mary trailing behind getting caught up with a few dancers who pulled her in to dance along. The young witch rolls her eyes as she sees her sister join in anyways, and she pulls out her phone calling Davina for the hundredth time. Susie had grew worried for her friend since she has gone completely MIA and didn't bother to tell her where she has gone. The other line picks up and Susie stands straight.

"Finally, you pick up your phone! I've been trying to get a hold of you for days! You had me worried," Susie places a hand on her hip.

"I know, I should have called you back. I didn't want you to worry. I just... things are complicated." Davina says through the phone and Susie slightly scoffs.