FORTY-ONE

|41

|41.| GUILT TRIP

IN THE SITTING ROOM OFF THE COMPOUND, Freya performs a spell where she is waving a sage smudge stick in the air as she continues casting her spell. Meanwhile, Elijah is leaning against the window, looking out at the now-raging storm.

"Miri benet midicen..."

Rebekah walks in and joins them, followed by Marcel. "It's done!" Elijah turns away from the window. "I'm de-linked from those children, the coven's almost grateful, and we even beat the rain!"

"I trust that Davina will play her part?" Elijah looks to Marcel.

"Yeah, against my better judgment," Marcel lets out a sigh of little doubt.

"Stop being so overprotective. If Davina's made Regent to all nine covens, she'll be granted the power to resurrect Kol and the political clout to unite the witches to our cause!" Rebekah states.

"Don't pop the champagne just yet. Dahlia said she'd come for the baby, and now a storm springs up out of nowhere? You really think that's coincidence?"

"Well, regardless of her power, she needs to be dealt with." Elijah speeds up and turns to look at Freya. "Fortunately, we have a weapon."

Freya opens her eyes and looks at him, still not pleased about her role in the plan.

"Look, no offense, but are we really going to put all our eggs in one still-kinda-mysterious basket?" Marcel points towards the witch.

"I assure you, I am quite motivated to aid in Dahlia's defeat. Particularly now that Elijah has forced me to be the bait," Freya says bitterly.

"And, if we should fail, Davina and the witches will take up the task, at the very least distracting Dahlia long enough for the twins and Hayley to disappear."

Thunder and lighting crashes outside, and Rebekah walks across the room to close the windows to prevent more rain from coming in. However, when she pulls down the window pane, she finds that the top is covered in blood, suggesting it was opened specifically for someone to escape.

"Elijah!"

Elijah strides over to investigate, and when he sees the blood, Rebekah leads Marcel into the room where they were keeping Klaus' body and Cora's body in coffins. When they get there, they find that the coffin is empty and the duo has vanished.

"No!" Rebekah says horrified and turns to Marcel. "Where the hell is he?"

Meanwhile, in the alley, human after human lays dead on the ground in front of Klaus' and Cora's feet as the torrential rain soaks them all. Dahlia, who is standing at the couple's side, looks down at their victims with a smile.

"Have you had your fill?" Dahlia glances at the two.

"Indeed." Klaus smirks and glances towards Cora who drops a body. "I'm beginning to feel like my old self again."