FIVE

|05

|05.| HER PROTECTORS

THE ELDER AGNES PLANS TO TAKE OUT THE UNBORN CHILDREN by reeling in the pregnant girl into the bayou. The only thing holding the elder back is Viviana who disagrees with her motives and wants no harm to Cora. Agnes tries to walk out of the cemetery until Viviana steps into her way, keeping her back.

"You cannot go through with this, Agnes. I beg of you, those children don't deserve this," Viviana begs the woman.

"And us witches don't deserve to live in fear because of two evil children," Agnes spats. "I certainly can't have you standing in my way."

Agnes lifts her hand that is filled with a powder and she blows it into Viviana's face, causing her to pass out. Mary speeds over to the woman who collapses and before her body meets the ground, she catches her on time. The girl looks at the woman in her arms, stroking her hair and she glances up at Agnes.

"You and I both know your mother's hopes are soon to be crushed about these children," Agnes nods over at Viviana. "Are you with me?"

Mary looks at the elder's hand that is extended out for her to grab ahold of. The witches know if they sense any sort of trouble, they need to take precautions and make sure to protect their own. In Mary's case, she knows her mother seen what Sabine seen and it it is true about the children bringing an end to all witches, she will do whatever it takes to protect her own people.

The girl takes her hand, nodding her head at the elder and Agnes nods back at her. Mary takes her mother inside one of the tombs, making sure to have one of the witches keep Viviana inside and she leaves with Agnes following her plan. The two witches go to the Mikaelson mansion to meet with the pregnant girl. Hayley answers the door, skeptical of the witches being there but she invites them inside anyways.

Agnes walks with Hayley to where Cora is and Mary trails behind, looking around the rather large mansion. She zones out listening very closely to hear two rapid beating heartbeats and her eyebrows scrunch, confused to why the other child revealed itself. Mary shakes her head and walks into the living room to see Cora sitting there reading a book while Agnes tries to get her to agree to seeing a doctor.

"I told you Agnes, I feel great," Cora shakes her head and looks up at the elder.

"You are overdue for a checkup," Agnes exclaims and Cora sets down the book.

"What am I gonna do? Pop into the Quarter for a quick ultrasound? A pregnant werewolf escorted by a witch? Nothing to see here," Cora states.

"A lot of women would kill to have a child. It strikes me as odd that you're not taking better care of yours," Rebekah says, mildly jealous.

"There's a doctor we know out in the Bayou, off the beaten path," Mary joins the conversation and Cora glances at her.

"Now, I took the liberty of making an appointment for you. Tonight, after-hours, just us. Vampires will never get word of it," Agnes explains to her.