THIRTY-TWO

|32

|32.| UP IN FLAMES

STANDING INSIDE OF THE CHURCH, Klaus paces around in front of the sacristy while Susie sets up a magical circle with runes made out of salt on the floor in front of the first row of pews. He had requested, more demanded the young witch to help him find his brother. Although she knows the Mikaelsons have dragged into enough problems, she still agrees to it for the sake of her friend Davina.

"Haven't you found Finn yet?" Klaus stops pacing, looking at her. The young witch just ignores him and continues to work on setting up for her spell.

"I must say, for a witch of your caliber, your spells must not be particularly efficient," Klaus says impatiently and Susie sighs in frustration.

"Finn is blocking my locator spell. So, I'm trying something new. But, I need to concentrate, and it would help a lot if you would stop hovering," Susie glares up at him and continues her set up.

"No need to get testy, love. We both have the same goal," Klaus points at her and moves around a bit.
Susie lights a match and begins to use it to light the candles in her circle.

"Really? Because my goal is to get Kol out of your house alive. Which seems to be about number ten on your list," Susie looks at the hybrid and watches as he smirks.

"Number nine, at least."

"What is wrong with you? He's your brother," Susie says exasperatedly.

"Yes! And, I also have a sister, one who I happen to care about more. I do apologize my wretched family is not like your perfect family, love," Klaus fumes and Susie rolls her eyes, silently disagreeing with him on the perfect part. "So, until he tells me where she is, Kol can rot, as far as I'm concerned. And you might wanna get your villains straight, love, because Finn is the architect of this fiasco. So, pick up the pace! Find out where he's getting his power from, so we can stop it."

Susie raises her eyebrows at him, clearly amused, before she makes a face and starts her spell. She holds out her hands and begins to chant the incantation.

"We du le mon ennemi on ton. We du le mon ennemi on ton."

As she chants, she begins to get visions of Finn, who is casting his own spell somewhere in Lafayette Cemetery. He's leaning over a bowl of blood, and he has several objects sitting on the table around him. When Susie comes out of her vision, she looks extremely concerned.

"I saw glimpses of him." Klaus looks at her anxiously, and she seems pretty concerned herself. "He's combining sacred objects. Totems. Representational magic."

"Where?"

The young witch dives back into her visions, and gets more flashes of Finn working on his spell in one of the tombs.