CHAPTER 19: 1 Week Later.....

RAYNIE

My eyes are heavy as I begin opening them up slowly. I feel like I've been sleeping forever and am still feeling a little tired. I don't really remember what happened other than I ended up passing out out of nowhere. 

I hear the door open up and in walks Blaze's mom while carrying a tray with a plate of food and a glass of water on it. 

"You're awake." She smiles as she walks over and sets the tray down beside me on the inn table and then sits down beside me and starts feeling my forehead. 

"What happened?" I asked. 

"You passed out." She says with a sad tone in her voice. 

"I'm sorry." I tell her. 

"Why are you sorry? There's no need to be." She assures me. 

"I don't know why I did but, I appreciate you putting me in here." 

"Oh I didn't bring you in here, Blaze did." She tells me. 

I smile to myself thinking about how sweet he was for carrying me up the stairs and into here. I then start looking around the room for him. 

"Where is he by the way?" I ask. 

"He'll be here in a little bit. I sent him away for a little bit. He hadn't left your side since you last week." She chuckles a little. 

"Oh." Wait, did she just say last week? "What? Last week? I've been out for a week now?" I asked feeling worried. 

"It's alright, but yes." She coos at me. 

"I don't understand what happened but..." I began but she stopped me. 

"Listen to me." She began while taking in a deep breath and letting it out before continuing. "You were having a reaction to Blaze's mark he gave you." 

"What does that mean?" I asked confused. 

"Because you are human, your body has been rejecting it and I'm afraid the only way to prevent it from happening again and for this whole being mates thing to work is if he turns you completely into a werewolf." She finishes as soon as we heard Blaze's voice behind her. 

"Mom!" He tells her as he stands in the doorway with his arms crossed. 

"Sorry, but I needed to tell her." She defends herself as she gets up off the bed and makes her way towards the door. 

"Leave, now!" He orders her. 

She just rolls her eyes as she walks passed him and out the door. Then as soon as she closed the door behind her, I looked at Blaze as he had a huge wave of guilt on his face. 

"Hey." I greet him. 

"Hey." He replies. 

"I'm sorry." I begin. 

"Oh my god baby, don't be sorry. I'm the one that's sorry." He says while walking towards the bed and sitting next to me. 

"But because I'm a human, my body rejected your mark. Which means...." I began to trail off as I didn't wan't to finish it. 

"Which means nothing." He says to me as her turns my head to face him. 

"It does. It means that I can't be your mate unless you turn me...." I was interrupted by him. 

"I promise I won't do that." He says. 

"What, why?" I asked feeling a little hurt as to how quick he replied. 

"Because it's not like the movies and something could go wrong." He starts to explain. 

"What could be worse than not being with you and being your mate?" I asked. 

"Baby, you'd be giving up a lot. Not just your human life but much more than I think you realize." 

"Like what? I mean, even if I wasn't a werewolf and was still able to remain a human, my life would change anyways because I would become the Luna of your pack, not to mention be part of a royal family."

"Yes but there are still so many more things that can go wrong and..." He starts but I stop him.

"Please just leave. I don't have the strength to fight with you." I say while avoiding looking at him.

"I'm not fighting I'm just trying to warn you and tell you that I don't want to see you get more hurt."

"Really?" I ask as I snap my head to look at him. "You didn't think things could get bad after you marked me?" I didn't mean for that to have come out the way it did but by the look on his face, I can tell it hurt him to hear me say that and I right away regretted it. Although at the same time, I don't understand why he's protesting the whole idea of me becoming a werewolf.

I mean, sure there will be some adjustments and all but I can handle it. Does he think I'm too weak to handle it? There's gotta be more he isn't telling me.

Before I could say anything, Jane and Elijah came walking in and were excited to see me awake that they quickly came over to me and gave me a hug.

"I'll leave you guys to talk." We hear Blaze as he gets up and sulks as he starts walking out.

"Did we interrupt something?" Elijah asks.

I shake my head 'no'.

Next chapter will be posted soon! :);)