27

"How's Hyuna holding up?" Jin asks Hui as he walks back into the safe house.

Both of them look towards the front by the open door as they hear sounds of someone heaving and vomiting in between small sobs. "She's.. E'dawn's with her." Was all Hui said while sitting down onto the edge of the counter.

"What about her, is she going to wake up soon?" Hui asked as his eyes went from Jin's to your closed ones in your unconscious state on the couch.

"Yeah, she reopened her shoulder wound during the fight." Jin sat next to the couch staring at your resting face. He slowly brought his hand up to your face, carefully brushing a loose lock of hair back, tucking it behind your ear. "Her body probably couldn't handle the pain and made her pass out. She's tough like that, and stupid to push herself too far."

Jin slammed on the breaks as soon as he heard Hyuna screamed followed by the shattering of glass. To his surprise the car that was next to Jin kept going at it's speed, swvering out of control and crashing into a building on the other side of the road. He stared at the driver's side, expecting someone to come charging out guns ablazing, but after a few minutes nothing happened.

Once he felt like everyone was out of the woods from another car attack. Jin quickly looked at you as he gently moved your head out of the crook of his neck, "[Y/n]." Your name left his mouth in a hush tone, a part of him scared that he could scream it and you still wouldn't answer.

He held his breath as he pulled you away from the window to see how bad it was. But only ended up staring at his own reflection. Running a hand up and down your back, he felt his lungs work again when he didn't feel any bullet wound or blood on you. "She just passed out.." He whispered to himself to comfort his poor heart that was pounding away against his chest.

Jin hugged your passed out body tightly. He used one hand to cradle your head against his body, as if you'd fall apart now after all the stunts you pulled. Like hanging half your body out of the car and trying to stop a bullet with said body. Which he made a mental note to bring up the second you wake up.

During his moments of complete relief, he heard a soft sob from the back. Carefully turning around in his seat, he's eyes landing on a shaking Hyuna who was being held by E'Dawn. The worst case scenario struck him as he called out, "Did she get hit?"

E'Dawn looks over at Jin while keeping his head on top of Hyuna's, "No. Hyuna was the one who fired the gun." When Jin gave him a confused look he swallowed thickly before continuing with, "She's never killed anyone before."

The words struck Jin hard as he replayed it over in his own head. When E'Dawn said it, another uncontrollable sob ripped through Hyuna as she held onto E'Dawn tightly. "E'Dawn call Hui, tell him we're taking a detour to a safe house nearby. We can't- we're not going to keep going with these two's conditions." 

E'Dawn nodded to Jin, turning back Jin put the car back into drive and slowly started off to the nearest safe house he could remember. As he drove in silence he could hear Hyuna tell E'Dawn, "I-I'm sorry I panicked- I didn't mean to kill- I'm sorry."

Jin bit the inside of his lip as he heard her. He kept one arm around you as he drove, afraid that if another car came in he wouldn't be able to protect you this time. You were painfully asleep on his lap as he drove, looking down at you one last time he whispered to you, "You better wake up soon, I.. we still need you."

(I'm writing this part on an airplane and I think the guy next to me is reading it- I hope he's army lol)

A pause fell over the conversation before the sounds of someone's insides being vomited out caught both their attentions. "I'm sorry if we forced Hyuna to, you know." Jin brought up as he heard her gag and violently cough again outside.